Open Source Contributors, Pick Up Your Badges Here!

I love to see all the love here!

If I could see the inside of Jamie’s brain today, I think it would look something like this:

from Imgflip Meme Generator

3 Likes

Hi Ken! Didn’t want you to miss out on your digital swag!!!

3 Likes

Yes! One more PR is on the way :smile:

3 Likes

Hi,

Thanks Sheeri for remembering me to write here.

I contributed to O-Fish Web and Android with Spanish translations:

https://github.com/WildAid/o-fish-web/pull/261
https://github.com/WildAid/o-fish-android/pull/422

Cheers

3 Likes

Hello!
This was my first contribution to open-source and I’m so glad I did it!
This is my PR: Now it pass the Web Accessibility Checker test by saribricka · Pull Request #57 · WildAid/wildaid.github.io · GitHub
@Sheeri_Cabral told me I can claim a O-FISH badge

3 Likes

@James_Oquendo - it was great to work with you! Would you like me to suggest another issue, or do you have an idea of which issue you want to comment on so we can assign it to you?

2 Likes

@Sara_Briccoli,

Hacktoberfest is all about making “meaningful” contributions. You opened up a world of accessibility issues that I wasn’t even thinking of. You didn’t just fix a problem, you made us aware of a whole set of problems, and made the first fixes on our journey to being accessible to all.

If you never make another open source contribution, you will still have done so much. (But I hope you will make more contributions! You’re adding so much value!)

-Sheeri

2 Likes

Woo hoo!!! I love your commitment!

2 Likes

Hi,

@Sheeri_Cabral Thanks for merging my PR. Many more are on the way :confetti_ball:

Thanks,
Ayush Jain

3 Likes

I am the literal Oprah of badges. :crown:

3 Likes

Mama badge :smile: :rofl:

1 Like

Hi All,

I contributed to the WildAid/o-fish-android project during the Hacktoberfest.

Here’s the relevant PR: fix: change android input type to use numeric keyboard by default by subbramanil · Pull Request #367 · WildAid/o-fish-android · GitHub

Glad to contribute to the OpenSource Projects.

Appreciate @Sheeri_Cabral for letting me know about the badges.

Cheers

3 Likes

Thanks for your work on O-FISH, @Subbu_Lakshmanan!! It always bothers me when there isn’t a switch to the numeric input by default on my phone. Great job!

2 Likes

Hi all, first of I love MongoDB, I have contributed to the Wildaid/o-fish-web during the Hacktoberfest, here’s the relevant PR: https://github.com/WildAid/o-fish-web/pull/335. Thank you @Sheeri_Cabral for guiding me through the journey and answering my silly doubts.

5 Likes

@Sourabh_Bagrecha Thank YOU for having such a great discussion - I didn’t know the difference between onCilck and Link, and json params vs. query params! We are all learning…

-Sheeri

6 Likes

I contributed to WildAid/o-fish-web project,

here are the links to my PR

3 Likes

Hi @Devesh_Chatuphale! Thanks for your contributions to the O-FISH project! Your enhancements will improve users’ ability to find what they need. I really appreciate your dedication to working through the issues with the view-agency component work and getting it to its final state. Well done!

2 Likes

Hello!
This was my first contribution to open-source and I’m so glad I did it!
This is my PR: Dark Mode for validators by abdulbasit75 · Pull Request #433 · WildAid/o-fish-android · GitHub

Cheers

2 Likes

Hi @Abdul_Basit! Congrats on making your first open source contribution! The colors look great and I’m sure our users will appreciate your work here :grin:

1 Like

Note: While Hacktoberfest 2020 has concluded, you are still eligible to receive the Hacktoberfest 2020 Contributor badge if you share a PR that was accepted within the month of October.

O-FISH contributors can pick up their O-FISH Contibutor badge at any time.

1 Like