Open Source Contributors, Pick Up Your Badges Here!

Hi team,

We’ve added some new forum badges for you to add to your collection. One of these (Open Source Contributor 2020) is only available during this month (October 2020), so be sure to get your PRs in!

Hacktoberfest2020_badge Open Source Contributor 2020

O-FISH_Badge1 O-FISH Contributor

To earn these badges, share your URL to your PRs in the thread below. We’d love it if you can tell us about the project you worked on too!

Check out the available badges, plus their requirements and descriptions, on the Badges page.

4 Likes

Hi Jamie!

I worked on the O-FISH application!

My PR is at Fixes #248 by Sheeri · Pull Request #249 · WildAid/o-fish-web · GitHub

I added helper text to the sandbox page so that developers creating a new user to use on the sandbox, knew what was required and suggested values to use.

I also wanted to work on another project that wasn’t one I was familiar with, and I did a test PR here to test their autobot responder - Test the change to the autoresponder by Sheeri · Pull Request #65 · DoobDev/Doob · GitHub (it wasn’t meaningful from a code standpoint but they needed someone who had never made a PR, to make a PR).

3 Likes

Here is a public repository for a super simple chat program for MongoDB Realm

Here is the medium article that explains how to set it up

Richard Krueger

4 Likes

Thanks @Richard_Krueger! Congrats on your badge & thanks for sharing both the repo & article. :wave:

2 Likes

Thanks for starting us off, @Sheeri_Cabral!!

2 Likes

Hello there,

I have been working on the O-Fish web application and added the ability to filter for violations.

I have learned something about MongoDB and Realm, which I am very grateful for. Also, I should mention that Adrienne Tacke brought my attention to this project with her weekly posts.

You have a great team. I like them a lot.

Greetings from Germany.

5 Likes

Thanks @evayde (and @yo_adrienne!).

3 Likes

Hello!

I have really been enjoying working on this project. This has been my first experience contributing to open source and everyone has been so kind and helpful, especially Sheeri in the issue comments and at office hours. So, thank you all for such an awesome intro! I’m excited to dig into more issues.

I enabled date filtering on the agencies dashboard for the global admin so that the number of boardings and violations listed for each agency reflects the dates selected in the date picker.

4 Likes

G’day all!

I try to contribute to open source projects that I use and am also a maintainer for a few (for those interested, see 🌱 G'day, I'm Stennie from MongoDB 🇦🇺).

My contributions so far this month include:

I started looking into the O-FISH project and am loving the info sessions, weekly weigh-ins, and excellent support for Hacktoberfest from @Sheeri_Cabral and @Andrew_Morgan.

I found a few minor things to improve while getting my development environment set up to contribute to o-fish-web, so reported these issues and proactively submitted PRs:

I’ve volunteered for an open O-FISH issue that I can test with the handy O-FISH development sandbox and aim to have a few more open source contributions before the end of the month.

Regards,
Stennie

4 Likes

Hello!

I worked on the O-FISH application. This has been my first experience contributing to open source and really grateful to work on this project.

I updated some UI elements to match the mocks drawn up for the site

My PR is at Boardings filter by crowtech7 · Pull Request #281 · WildAid/o-fish-web · GitHub

Thanks!

4 Likes

Hello!
I worked on o-fish-web application.
I have added global admin and agency admin default homepage route
pull requests :
https://github.com/WildAid/o-fish-web/pull/251
https://github.com/WildAid/o-fish-web/pull/253

Regards,
Ritik

4 Likes

Greetings!

I worked on a the O-FISH (web ver.) application.

The PR I did is located here https://github.com/WildAid/o-fish-web/pull/258

I removed the Boarding Information header and filter options from the boarding component.

Thank you to @Sheeri_Cabral for her quick response and reminding me to post here!

Cheers,
Ken

5 Likes

Hi all,

I worked on the o-fish iOS app. I worked on adding the initial dark mode support.

I’m also working on adding a script on the iOS project to help discover unlocalized strings in the app.

Cheers,
Tim

6 Likes

Hi. I contributed to the O-FISH project. Here is a link to my PR https://github.com/WildAid/o-fish-android/pull/402#issuecomment-712333761

6 Likes

Hello Jamie!
I worked on O-Fish Android app.
Here is the link to my PR:

6 Likes

Hi @Susan_Holland, welcome to the open source world and thanks so much for your contributions to the O-FISH project!

2 Likes

Great post, @Stennie_X! Love seeing all your contributions :heavy_heart_exclamation:

2 Likes

Welcome @Talin_Crow!! Thanks for your contributions to the project!

2 Likes

Welcome @Ritik_Pandey! Thanks for your work on O-FISH!

2 Likes

Welcome @Kenneth_Charette! Thanks for your contributions to the O-FISH project!

2 Likes