Open Source Contributors, Pick Up Your Badges Here!

Hello!

I contributed to the O-Fish iOS app. I worked on adding a done button to the keyboard, to allow the user to easily dismiss the keyboard.

I also worked on recognizing when the user scrolls to dismiss the keyboard.

Best,
Cassandra

3 Likes

Thanks @Tim_Brooks!! If you can’t tell already, I’m a huge fan of dark mode… :grin:

3 Likes

Thanks for your contribution, @Napoleon_Salazar!!

1 Like

Hi there! I’m looking for an o-fish badge. :slight_smile: Remove breaks from Readme by ljhaywar · Pull Request #52 · WildAid/wildaid.github.io · GitHub

3 Likes

@sunny52525 DARK MODE!! :raised_hands:

3 Likes

Sounds like some great UX updates @Cassandra_Zuria – thanks for your work on these!

2 Likes

Hello !

I contributed to the O-Fish app

PR:

Thank you!

Gabriel Hicks

4 Likes

Well, you came to the right place @Lauren_Schaefer! :wink:

3 Likes

Welcome to the forums, @Gabriel_Hicks! Thanks for your contribution to O-FISH & greater accessibility for all :fist:

2 Likes

Hi all,

I have worked on the O-FISH android application, Below are the PR’s that has been merged

Thanks

4 Likes

Welcome, @Aravindhan_J! Great work on O-FISH dark mode! :clap: Looking forward to seeing more from you :grin:

4 Likes

I’ve got two Fish-o Web!

3 Likes

Thanks a lot @Jamie, Sure I will contribute more :+1: :+1:

3 Likes

Great work @mdegis! Looks like some handy fixes you’ve put into place :wrench: that I’m sure our users will appreciate!

3 Likes

Hi Jaime,

I worked on the O-FISH application by adding alt-text to the Embed Boarding List Chart page.

This was my first year doing Hacktoberfest as I’m trying to participate in more open source work and I really enjoyed it!

My PR is at Adding alt-text tags to fix issue #69 by GabbyJ · Pull Request #83 · WildAid/wildaid.github.io · GitHub

Thanks!

4 Likes

Great job, @Gabrielle_J and welcome to the forums! So glad to get you involved with Hacktoberfest and looking forward to seeing more from you on O-FISH and other open source projects! :crown:

2 Likes

Hey there,

I’m Lenny. I contributed to other open source projects before, but I think this was the biggest PR I’ve done, so it’s a great accomplishment for me.
I really enjoyed working on some issues, and looking to continue contributing.

I worked on making some Account Profile fields read-only for Field Officers.

Thanks to @Sheeri_Cabral, who helped on the initial setup, and on clarifying the requirements of the issue, multiple times.
I went through multiple iterations to nail down the complete solution, but I’m glad to have seen a different part of the codebase, different functionalities and components for each iteration.
It’s a really a great learning experience navigating the codebase.
It was happy to see React Router that I haven’t used in a while, and Material UI which I was considering before for a project.
Ultimately, working in this project is really honing my React and JS skills, outside of my day job.

Thanks a lot!

Shout out to @Adrienne_Tacke for her tweet that led me to this project.

5 Likes

Thanks @Lenmor_LD! Glad you found your way over here to collect your badge :slight_smile:

And thank you so much for contributing!

3 Likes

Hey all,

I contributed to O-Fish and it was a fun experience. I look forward to contributing again soon.

PR: Setting default time for the date picker to start of day for issue #109 by joquendo · Pull Request #275 · WildAid/o-fish-web · GitHub

Thanks,

James

3 Likes

Hi Lenny - going through multiple iterations is part of the fun! Having a back-and-forth is great, I learn a ton from what developers do as their first instincts, how they test, etc.

This really was a complex PR with lots of different things to test, and ultimately you delivered a solution that works great. Congrats!

2 Likes