Slowms default 4.0 and 4.2

Hi there,

I may be missing something and the manual seems clear that there has been no change between 4.0 and 4.2 (CE).

However, in my 4.0 implementations the slowms is set to 100 and on 4.2 to 0. I

I did not do the initial setup but the config file has no parameter set , so I assumed that the default would be 100.

Anybody with any ideas what I may be missing?

Regards

John

Hello @John_Clark,

slowms is the slow operation time threshold, in milliseconds. Its default value is 100. Operations that run for longer than this threshold are considered slow. slowms is associated with the Database Profiler. The database profiler collects detailed information about Database Commands executed against a running mongod instance; the profiler is off by default.

You can view the slowms value (from the shell). This is what I found on my MongoDB v4.2 CE:

db.getProfilingStatus()
{ “was” : 0, “slowms” : 100, “sampleRate” : 1 }

You can change the slow operation threshold value in one of the following ways:

Hi Prasad, thank you so much for coming back to me. I am leaning towards a glitch in the deployment which has made the slowms 0 rather than 100. Today, I did three upgrades (stepwise) from 3.6 to 4.2 and all OK. I then created a brand new Centos 8 box and did a vanilla install, again all OK :grinning:

The above was all on my home lab but when I deployed a new instance via the company front end with me doing nothing in between; slowms came up as 0.

A bit weird but will let you know the outcome.

Regards

John

This topic was automatically closed 5 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.