MongoDB.live, free & fully virtual. June 9th - 10th. Register Now MongoDB.live, free & fully virtual. June 9th - 10th. Register Now

Hey, friends! I'm Lauren

Hey, friends!

I’m Lauren Schaefer, a developer advocate at MongoDB. I’ve been with MongoDB for a little over a year, and I love helping users get started with the technology. I’m on the Content team, so I spend most of my team creating blogs and videos.

I work out of my home office in Pennsylvania, which is on the east coast of the United States. I love traveling and speaking at conferences. Maybe we’ll bump into each other at a developer conference in the future. :slight_smile:

I’m a big advocate of remote work. It has enabled me to create a career I thoroughly enjoy despite living in the rural locations where my husband is employed. I gave a talk entitled Does Remote Work Really Work? at Pycon last year. Check it out.

In my free time, I enjoy hanging out with my daughter and husband, watching comedies (I’m currently enjoying season 3 of The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel), and empowering and encouraging other women.

You can find me on Twitter and LinkedIn. See you around the community!

4 Likes