MongoDB.live, free & fully virtual. June 9th - 10th. Register Now MongoDB.live, free & fully virtual. June 9th - 10th. Register Now

G'day, I'm Stennie from MongoDB 🇦🇺

G’day, I’m Stennie :wave:. I joined the MongoDB engineering team in mid-2012 when we started the office in Sydney :australia:. For my first 7 years at MongoDB I was part of the Technical Services org where I was involved with support, training (internal & external), consulting, and knowledge management. In September 2019 I moved to the Developer Relations org to help scale our community interaction and self-service options.

You may come across me commenting on the occasional MongoDB question on community channels including Stack Overflow, DBA Stack Exchange, Twitter, GitHub, or here on the new MongoDB Community site.

When I find spare time outside of family and travel, I often contribute to open source projects I use such as mtools (Python scripts for MongoDB log analysis & launching test deployments), m (bash script for managing multiple local versions of MongoDB server), and Mongo Hacker (JavaScript extensions for the mongo shell). You may sense a subtle theme connecting these projects which happen to use different programming languages :wink:

I look forward to seeing the MongoDB community continue to thrive.

If you’ve found any of my contributions extra helpful, I’d be interested in feedback on your favourites (and why).

Regards,
Stennie

6 Likes

Hi Stennie. Nice to hear from you again.

2 Likes

Hi Stennie,

I’ve been an on and off student @ Mongo U. Thanks for all that you have contributed to my learning experience and thank you for sharing with us some of the cool tools that you use. I’m thinking that I may have to try them all. I’m especially looking forward to installing and running m. I’ve been hoping to find a local version manager for MongoDB for awhile now. Good thing that I clicked on this thread!

Cheers:-)

3 Likes

:wave: @Steve_Hand!

FYI there is an Austin meetup coming up on 24th March 2020: https://www.meetup.com/en-AU/Austin-MongoDB-User-Group/.

Regards,
Stennie

Hi @Juliette_Tworsey,

I find m handy because (a) it is just a single bash script and (b) I routinely use All The Versions of MongoDB :).

m should work in most O/S environments officially supported by MongoDB (Linux/Unix/MacOS/Windows) with the caveat that you need a Linux environment on Windows (eg Ubuntu for Windows or Docker).

Note: m is also only intended as a development tool. It currently doesn’t create or manage extras like MongoDB configuration files or db/log paths.

Regards,
Stennie

1 Like

Hi @Stennie,

Thanks for the heads up! I appreciate it.

Cheers and Happy Monday:-)

Hi Stennie!

Thank you so much for your help to me, past and present. I was able to log in to the “new experience” successfully with your help.

This web interface, at first blush, does seem visually more interesting than the Google group. I’ll see what happens when I try posting code snippets.

Thanks again for your help!

Bob Cochran

1 Like

Welcome @Robert_Cochran, great to have you here! I’d especially appreciate any feedback you have on site accessibility (there’s a Site Feedback category for all feedback).

Regards,
Stennie

1 Like

Hi Stennie,

I sure will!

Bob