Would it be worth creating a chatroom?

Hi All,

I was just wondering if it would be a good idea to create a chat room for newbies and people interested in MongoDB in general? Maybe there are already and I’m just not aware.

There is the reddit forums, discourse (here and devs) and stack overflow. But something more informal could be useful. The chatroom could host, for example, some troubleshooting cheatsheet and the JSON datasets :joy:

I’m not pushing the developers and staff here, but if there are more people interested, anyone could create it and just share a link to it.

I hope this is not off topic, but if so, safely close the post :slight_smile:

Cheers.

You will find some at GitHub - ozlerhakan/mongodb-json-files: A curated list of JSON / BSON datasets from the web in order to practice / use in MongoDB.

Yes, thanks. I know that repo, in fact I’ve partially done the same on my GH, each branch holding a JSON file so it’s easier to clone (not the full repository).

But that’s not the main point anyways…I think it would be useful (at least from my perspective, but that’s why I’m asking).

We have community forums, which seem similar to what you are describing. We’re actually working on integrating the class forums into the same system right now.

1 Like

Hi @yulia_genkina,

Yes, that’s a great forum too. Though I meant something like Slack, or a place for more informal discussion. Maybe even for showing off projects, find a coding partner and that kind of thing.

There is Reddit, but I dislike the up/downvote thing and it’s not that dynamic as a chat. ( And Reddit’s chat isn’t really used by people.)

Thanks for the reply, and apologizes as maybe this is too much of a rambling…

( I’ll probably go ahead and create something anyways, just making clear it’s not an official IRC/Slack/whatever channel. )