Which commits solve the issue about dropping and recreating a db with same name?

Hi, all.

I try to find the jira and solution in mongo 4.4 which solves the problem that still exists in 4.0, 4.2, but not found.

Anyone who can tell the jira links ?

Thanks.

I believe this is the issue you’re looking for SERVER-33973. Looks like it was backported to 4.2.1 as well. That said, in looking at the linked ticket, SERVER-17397, it appears that you still need to run the drop 2 times to sure. I’ll check that the documentation matches reality.

2 Likes

Thanks. Please have a check and let me know whether the documentation is up-to-date. The solution that restarts all mongos and mongod is quite unacceptable, so we’re eager to know the light-weight solution.

I have double checked that the documentation is not quite right. I’ve created DOCS-14619 to update the docs. But as you can see in the linked SERVER ticket, starting in 4.4, you still need to call dropDatabases 2 times from the mongos to be sure that you can re-create a collection in the same namespace. In 4.2.1 and later, you still need to follow this procedure:

1. Drop the database / collection using a mongos
  2. Rerun the drop command using a mongos
  3. Connect to each mongos and run flushRouterConfig
1 Like

Hi Lewis, not sure if you were watching the ticket, but the dropDatabase command for sharded clusters is now fixed in 5.0.0. See the last comment on the ticket.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 5 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.