Whether Realm sync can be work with IonicFramework?

Whether Realm sync can be work with IonicFramework?

3 Likes

Hi and welcome to the Community.

Currently we only support React Native (both iOS & Android) and Node.js (on MacOS and Linux) but we are considering adding support for Cordova/PhoneGap/Ionic as well, but we have no exact timelines as yet. Stay tuned here, and via @realm on Twitter too for any updates.

4 Likes

Hi Shane,
The ionic community is huge and it would be awesome to have Ionic integrate with Realm.
We look forward to it.
Any news?

1 Like

Hi Alan - good timing. We’ve just completed a proof of concept with Ionic and we are looking forward to sharing that with the community very soon - stay tuned! And thanks for following up on this thread - I should have kept it updated!

4 Likes

Hi Shane,

I look forward to it.

Thank you for yoir reply.

No problem - as soon as we can share details - I’ll update this post.

1 Like

Hi Shane

Am also very interested in this development.
Are you able to say whether you will be supporting cordova or capacitor

many thanks
Darren

1 Like

Hi @Shane_McAllister
Just prompting on this query again. Are you guys making progress ? Any forward looking dates ? Are you using Cordova or Capacitor for the native interface ?
thanks
Darren

Hi @Darren_Hunter - apologies for the delay - was on leave. Yes, we’ve been making progress here and are aiming to release sample app and demos in September.

thanks for the update - you didn’t mention if your solution was using Cordova or Capacitor (or both maybe) - would you be able to let us know thanks

Hi @Darren_Hunter

Attached you’ll find an Ionic Web React App sample that uses Realm to login (you’ll have to register a user). This looks like a Capacitor App. Developed by the Ionic team with our help. A blog post and a decent repo with instruction should follow, but wanted to give you something to work with.

Hope this helps you.

1 Like

@Darren_Hunter Ionic have published their Blog Building an app with Ionic React and Realm - Ionic Blog - and we will be following up shortly with taking this further to iOS & Android

1 Like

We should be in a position to publish this blog next week.

3 Likes

Any plans to add Ionic Vue and Realm?

Hi McAllister,

Any news about Realm with Ionic?
I searched the Blog and didn’t find any publication as you indicated.
Ionic is a framework that hj runs under Angular, Vue and React, I hope the solution is universal and not just for React.
I eagerly await information.
Thanks

@Alan_Claudio_Melo1 Apologies - it got a little waylaid! But no fear, it’s in final review and will be out very shortly.

1 Like

Looking forward to it.
I have a project stopped, waiting for this solution.
I don’t want to use SQLite or another solution, Realm is perfect for use with MongoDB.

I await brief news, thank you.

Awesome to hear. However can you give and estimate of “shortly”. Is this days, weeks or months?

Hi @Gerald_Owens, Diego here, working on aforementioned post

We aim for it to be published this week, or next one. But take this with a grain of salt: this is a developer’s estimation and you know…

Thanks for your patience and interest.

1 Like

@Gerald_Owens @Alan_Claudio_Melo1 @Es_Degan_N_A @Darren_Hunter

Hi all - glad to add that we’ve published Let’s Give Your Realm-Powered Ionic Web App the Native Treatment on iOS and Android! | MongoDB which builds upon Ionic’s previous post with Realm. Please do check it out, and let us know what you think.

2 Likes