What do I need for final developer exam and certification?

Hi,

Given the limited practice we can do with mongodb environment, I am thinking what else do we need to prepare apart from taking MongoDB University course (developer learning path) in order to successfully pass MongoDB Developer Certification? Any suggested books or other articles or courses?

Regards,
Shravan

Hi @Shravan,

Have you checked this page ?

MongoDB Certification Exam Prep Materials

~ Shubham

1 Like

Thanks for the pointer @Shubham_Ranjan. I think I saw this page earlier, so practice exam and study guide are the next after taking university course. Do you know how long does it take before someone is ready for certification? I think taking certification after gaining some expertise would be more beneficial.

Hi @Shravan,

Yeah, it depends on how you want to approach it. If you look at the study guid, it’s divided in multiple sections such as Replication, Sharding, Storage Engine etc… So when you are done with a course on any specific topic then you can refer that section in study guide as well to see what you have learnt and what you haven’t. You can complement the missing knowledge by visiting documentation and other resources available on our website.

It totally depends on how much effort you are putting into it. Some people do it in months and some people take more time. Your performance in the Practice exam should give you some idea if you ready for the certification exam or not.

~ Shubham

1 Like

Thank you for the clarifications @Shubham_Ranjan