Vote Unable to connect to the Atlas class M001 cluster

Unable to connect Vote

Unable to connect to the Atlas class M001 cluster through Mongo compass

What connect string you have used?
Make sure no invalid characters or spaces while pasting

It has been resolved by removing the svr option in the advance option the connection string was correct.

Hi @Devashish_Kapadia,

The connection string that you have entered in the screenshot is not for the class Atlas cluster.

This is the connection string of class Atlas cluster :

mongodb+srv://m001-student:m001-mongodb-basics@cluster0-jxeqq.mongodb.net/test

You can get the connection string for your Sandbox cluster by following the instructions mentioned in this lecture : Chapter 2: Connecting to Your Sandbox Cluster from Compass.

~ Shubham

I tried with this but still no use .
here are the srv’s i used, but none of them work for me. compass is just strucking without giving any error message.
cluster:1
mongo “mongodb+srv://cluster0-jxeqq.mongodb.net/test” --username m001-student -password m001-mongodb-basics
cluster:2
mongo “mongodb://cluster0-shard-00-00-jxeqq.mongodb.net:27017,cluster0-shard-00-01-jxeqq.mongodb.net:27017,cluster0-shard-00-02-jxeqq.mongodb.net:27017/test?replicaSet=Cluster0-shard-0” --authenticationDatabase admin --ssl --username m001-student --password m001-mongodb-basics

MongoAtlas Credentials:
mongodb+srv://rddvsr:@cluster0.ekqgs.mongodb.net/test

cluster:1
mongo “mongodb+srv://cluster0-jxeqq.mongodb.net/test” --username m001-student -password m001-mongodb-basics
cluster:2
mongo “mongodb://cluster0-shard-00-00-jxeqq.mongodb.net:27017,cluster0-shard-00-01-jxeqq.mongodb.net:27017,cluster0-shard-00-02-jxeqq.mongodb.net:27017/test?replicaSet=Cluster0-shard-0” --authenticationDatabase admin --ssl --username m001-student --password m001-mongodb-basics

MongoAtlas Credentials:
mongodb+srv://rddvsr:Ucev%40jntuk07@cluster0.ekqgs.mongodb.net/test

Where can I find the advanced options in Compass?

Hi @Siva_Ram,

Use this connection string for connecting to the class Atlas cluster :

mongodb://m001-student:m001-mongodb-basics@cluster0-shard-00-02-jxeqq.mongodb.net:27017/?authSource=admin&replicaSet=mmm&readPreference=primary&appname=MongoDB%20Compass&ssl=true

If you are unable to connect using this connection string then please share a screenshot of the error message.

~ Shubham

I am not achieving cluster connection.

Hi @Nitin_Goel,

Make sure you have a user named m001-student, you can check in the Database Access tab of the Atlas cloud cluster. If you don’t have one, create one.

Then paste the connection string in the in-browser IDE press enter/return.
Enter your password (which will be not visible while inputting)
Press enter/return to connect to your Atlas cluster. That’s it.

Hope it helps!

Thanks,
Kushagra

Post a screenshot of the command you used to connect.