VM not starting

Hi All,

My Virtual machine was absolutely working fine and even I had worked setting up sharding and at the end of it and I thought will complete next day and switched off my laptop and today morning when I try to start the VM, with vagrant up, getting error which I have not seen until now as I have completed two courses until now.

As anybody faced this problem? Is it possible to resolve this issue without me re-configuring the VM?
vagrantup%20error

Rafeeq,

I understand that you would like to avoid doing a vagrant destroy and reprovision your VM.
The first thing I would do is verify that the file it complains about “box-disk1_1.vmdk” exists on the machine.
The second would be to verify that the file was not quarantined by your virus checker.

Regards,
Daniel.

Hi Daniel,

box-disk1_1.vmdk” exists on the machine but still it was giving the same error. I completed uninstalled both the Virtual Machine and Vagrant and re-installed both the VM and Vagrant and did vagrant up but still getting the error.

Thanks,
Rafeeq

Finally the Virtual Machine is up and running. I deleted mongod-m103 directory from C:\Users\student\VirtualBox VMs, keeping the other file as is and then ran vagrant up and it all worked fine. Lost all the work I did but finally was able to keep Virtual Machine up and running so that I can redo all the work I did and complete remaining labs. Lost a day’s worth of effort n fixing this VM and lost past two weeks efforts of all my previous labs. But finally I am there.
Thanks

I am sorry to hear that it was painful to re-install the tools.
However, congrats for identifying all issues and fixing them!
I am happy to hear you could complete the labs.

Regards,
Daniel.

1 Like

Yes Daniel. Finally completed all the labs.

Thanks,
Rafeeq