Vm infrastructure not created

after installing vagrant-vbguest and running vagrant up, the database vm is created but the infrastructure vm is not. here is the info from the cli starting where I believe the issue begins:

database: Reading package lists...
    database: W
    database: :
    database: GPG error: http://repo.mongodb.com trusty/mongodb-enterprise/3.2 Release: The following signatures couldn't be verified because the public key is not available: NO_PUBKEY D68FA50FEA312927
    database: + install_mongod
    database: + echo 'Install MongoDB Enterprise'
    database: Install MongoDB Enterprise
    database: + apt-get install -y mongodb-enterprise
    database: Reading package lists...
    database: Building dependency tree...
    database: Reading state information...
    database: The following packages were automatically installed and are no longer required:
    database:   acl at-spi2-core colord dconf-gsettings-backend dconf-service fontconfig
    database:   fontconfig-config fonts-dejavu-core hicolor-icon-theme libasound2
    database:   libasound2-data libatk-bridge2.0-0 libatk1.0-0 libatk1.0-data libatspi2.0-0
    database:   libavahi-client3 libavahi-common-data libavahi-common3 libcairo-gobject2
    database:   libcairo2 libcanberra-gtk3-0 libcanberra-gtk3-module libcanberra0 libcolord1
    database:   libcolorhug1 libcups2 libdatrie1 libdconf1 libdrm-intel1 libdrm-nouveau2
    database:   libdrm-radeon1 libexif12 libfontconfig1 libfontenc1 libgd3
    database:   libgdk-pixbuf2.0-0 libgdk-pixbuf2.0-common libgl1-mesa-dri libgl1-mesa-glx
    database:   libglapi-mesa libgphoto2-6 libgphoto2-l10n libgphoto2-port10 libgraphite2-3
    database:   libgtk-3-0 libgtk-3-bin libgtk-3-common libgudev-1.0-0 libgusb2
    database:   libharfbuzz0b libice6 libieee1284-3 libjasper1 libjbig0 libjpeg-turbo8
    database:   libjpeg8 liblcms2-2 libllvm3.4 libltdl7 libnotify-bin libnotify4 libogg0
    database:   libpango-1.0-0 libpangocairo-1.0-0 libpangoft2-1.0-0 libpciaccess0
    database:   libpixman-1-0 libsane libsane-common libsm6 libtdb1 libthai-data libthai0
    database:   libtiff5 libtxc-dxtn-s2tc0 libv4l-0 libv4lconvert0 libvorbis0a
    database:   libvorbisfile3 libvpx1 libwayland-client0 libwayland-cursor0 libx11-xcb1
    database:   libxaw7 libxcb-dri2-0 libxcb-dri3-0 libxcb-glx0 libxcb-present0
    database:   libxcb-render0 libxcb-shm0 libxcb-sync1 libxcomposite1 libxcursor1
    database:   libxdamage1 libxfixes3 libxfont1 libxi6 libxinerama1 libxkbcommon0
    database:   libxkbfile1 libxmu6 libxpm4 libxrandr2 libxrender1 libxshmfence1 libxt6
    database:   libxtst6 libxxf86vm1 notification-daemon sound-theme-freedesktop x11-common
    database:   x11-xkb-utils xfonts-base xfonts-encodings xfonts-utils xserver-common
    database:   xserver-xorg-core
    database: Use 'apt-get autoremove' to remove them.
    database: The following extra packages will be installed:
    database:   libperl5.18 libsensors4 libsnmp-base libsnmp30 mongodb-enterprise-mongos
    database:   mongodb-enterprise-server mongodb-enterprise-shell mongodb-enterprise-tools
    database:   snmp
    database: Suggested packages:
    database:   lm-sensors snmp-mibs-downloader
    database: The following NEW packages will be installed:
    database:   libperl5.18 libsensors4 libsnmp-base libsnmp30 mongodb-enterprise
    database:   mongodb-enterprise-mongos mongodb-enterprise-server mongodb-enterprise-shell
    database:   mongodb-enterprise-tools snmp
    database: 0 upgraded, 10 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
    database: Need to get 54.2 MB of archives.
    database: After this operation, 225 MB of additional disk space will be used.
    database: WARNING: The following packages cannot be authenticated!
    database:   mongodb-enterprise-shell mongodb-enterprise-server mongodb-enterprise-mongos
    database:   mongodb-enterprise-tools mongodb-enterprise
    database: E
    database: :
    database: There are problems and -y was used without --force-yes
The SSH command responded with a non-zero exit status. Vagrant
assumes that this means the command failed. The output for this command
should be in the log above. Please read the output to determine what
went wrong.
PS C:\Users\mtpar\m310\m310-vagrant-env> vagrant status
Current machine states:

database                  running (virtualbox)
infrastructure            not created (virtualbox)

Please advise. Thanks in advance!

You can modify this line under provision-database
apt-get install -y mongodb-enterprise
to apt-get install -y mongodb-enterprise --force-yes

1 Like

Same situation here…

I tried what @p3dr0 suggest and it works! it then finish successfully the entire installation but there is a problem when i try to launch a mongod instance…

it seems it is not installed everything at all.

Regards…

1 Like

That’s good to hear!

For your issue, can you try looking for the /data/db/ directory once you ssh into the VM? It looks like the directory doesn’t exist. Perhaps you could try creating the directory path and seeing if that helps?

The other thing you may need to do is add the flags/options to your mongod command that designates the dbpath, logpath, fork, etc. Or you could add a config file with the options, etc. and then direct mongod to that file using the —config flag.

Hi @paragonss,

I already passed the first homework… Let’s say that THIS is an “Advanced” course. With that been said, the steps you give (try creating the directory path) are part of the excercise.

BUT! I think we (some people and not only me) assume that everything is done and “ready to use” when we finish installing vagrant. It is not to avoid doing the entire job, it is more like you expect to “work” before touching things.

My suggestion would be to announce at the beggining of the course to say or remark something like: “Ok, since you are in an advanced course, there may be several instructions that you must complete with knowledge from past courses, KEEP IN MIND” The rest: Have fun.

Hope you can finish on time @paragonss and thanks for the quick response,
Cheers!

1 Like

Here there are some other people playing around with same “error”:

Regards.

1 Like

Haha I totally agree! I’m still a beginner myself and was only going by what your errors said. I’m enrolled in several of the courses and am def hoping I can finish in time!

I suppose it’s only a matter of time before I come across those errors my self!

2 Likes