Validation timing out on Lab: - Configuration File

I am getting the error “Client experienced a timeout when connecting to the database - check that mongod is running on the correct port, and that your user was created with the correct settings.”
The server starts correctly, and I can connect to it with the mongo shell and use the admin database.
my m103.conf file is:

dbPath: /data/db/
systemLog:
destination: “file”
path: /var/mongodb/log/mongod.log
logAppend: true
replication:
replSetName: “M103”
security:
authorization: enabled
net:
bindIp: “127.0.0.1,192.168.103.100”
port: 27000
processManagement:
fork: true

Aside from increasing the RAM available in virtual box, any other ideas?

Hi @Stephen_21849,

Looking at the content of your configuration file, I suspect the most likely reason for this error is that your mongod instance is not running.

The content of your configuration file is not correct for this Lab. Please make sure you go through the instructions mentioned in the Lab - Configuration File one more time and remove the extra fields from your configuration file.

Once you have removed the extra fields from your configuration file, please start the mongod instance and verify that it has successfully started by running this command and checking for an entry for the m103.conf file.

ps -ef| grep mongod

Hope it helps!

If you still have any query then please feel free to get back to us.

Happy Learning :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Shubham Ranjan
Curriculum Support Engineer

wow I am really confused - the hot link in this dialog takes me to a lab with YAML config file …but the exact same lab page I arrived at sequentially following the lessons has no mention of any YAML config file…

I have both pages in 2 tabs side by side…and they differ…

@James_58604 Which lab are you on?
Besides the hyperlink, @Shubham_Ranjan also provided the name of the lab. So if the link is taking you elsewhere, use the caption of the hyperlink to to find it on your course page.

Hi @James_58604,

It would be really strange if you are seeing different contents for the same lab. Can you please share the screenshot of both the pages ?

Thanks,
Shubham Ranjan

I get a Page Not Found error

Hi @007_jb,

Yes, since you are not registered in this particular offering of M103 that’s why you are not able to access this page.

Thanks,
Shubham Ranjan

Well that’s a bummer! The same thing goes for lectures?