Vagrant ssh not working

After setting environment up when I ssh in I get some sort of errors. I get system beeps etc when I try to navigate, pwd, ls, etc. The prompt also looks wrong.

Any text with that

We need more details to help.

Not sure what you’re looking for. Normally when you ssh into a server you get a prompt. Now I do not get a standard looking prompt. If I try to ls, for example, it just beeps at me. So I think I’m in the server but ssh isn’t working correct. It looks like this --> ];aant@m103: ~vagrant@m103:~$

Hi @burtonking,

Please run this command and share a screenshot of what you see on the screen.

vagrant ssh

Thanks,
Shubham Ranjan
Curriculum Services Engineer

Be great if we could get some support here and get this moving along so I can participate.

Hi @burtonking,

Did you make any changes in the Vagrantfile ?

What’t the output of this command ?

validate_box

I have inboxed you. Please share the output in personal message.

Please note that the Curriculum Services Engineers are only available from 8:30 AM UTC to 4:30 PM UTC.

Thanks,
Shubham Ranjan

I did not make any changes to the vagrant file. Output is attached image.

Hi @burtonking,

I have edited your post to remove the output.

This is a little strange. The validate_box command is returning incomplete code or maybe it’s appearing only in the screenshot. Please try to validate the lab using the code that you are seeing on your screen. If it gets validated then continue with the course. I will sync with you later on this.

If the lab doesn’t get validated then destroy your vagrant environment by running the following command and then re-create it :

Vagrant destroy

Vagrant up

Vagrant ssh

And also please share the content of these two files :

Vagrantfile
Provision-mongod

Thanks,
Shubham Ranjan

I’ll get to this in a bit. I’ve already run through the troubleshooting of destroy and then provision again. One of the symptoms is that the command prompt looks like it’s hiding some of the text.

I just emailed those two files.

Shubham_Ranjan
MongoDB Staff: Curriculum Services Engineer

February 5

Hi @burtonking,

Did you make any changes in the Vagrantfile ?

What’t the output of this command ?

validate_box

I have inboxed you. Please share the output in personal message.

burtonking:
Be great if we could get some support here

Please note that the Curriculum Services Engineers are only available from 8:30 AM UTC to 4:30 PM UTC.

Thanks,
Shubham Ranjan

(Attachment provision-mongod is missing)

(Attachment Vagrantfile is missing)

The attachments by email were rejected because they’re not an image type. How can I provide them?

You share the files there :arrow_up:. Troll through your notifications and find this personal message, you should then find an attachment button within that message.

1 Like

Not sure what you mean by you inboxed me. Do you mean you sent me an email?

I didn’t. Shubham_Ranjan said he sent you a private message. Find that private message and attach your files there.

How do I tell which one is the private message - there are a bunch of messages there.

There are only 3+ messages from @Shubham_Ranjan to you, it shouldn’t be that difficult :wink:
Look at the time he said he sent you the “private message” and work your way through the notifications.

A PM should look slightly different. I don’t think there’s a way to filtering out PMs… at least I haven’t found a way.

I’ve gone through every message several times. So perhaps send me another PM with a subject like, “Add files here” and then I can get on with life.

Over to you @Shubham_Ranjan :slightly_smiling_face: