Vagrant for infrastructure vm failed

infrastructure host failed with below error.

==> infrastructure: Forcing shutdown of VM…
==> infrastructure: Destroying VM and associated drives…
C:/HashiCorp/Vagrant/embedded/gems/2.2.1/gems/vagrant-2.2.1/lib/vagrant/util/io.rb:32:in encode': "\xAF\xE6" from GBK to UTF-8 (Encoding::UndefinedConversionError) from C:/HashiCorp/Vagrant/embedded/gems/2.2.1/gems/vagrant-2.2.1/lib/vagrant/util/io.rb:32:inread_until_block’
from C:/HashiCorp/Vagrant/embedded/gems/2.2.1/gems/vagrant-2.2.1/lib/vagrant/util/subprocess.rb:194:in block in execute' from C:/HashiCorp/Vagrant/embedded/gems/2.2.1/gems/vagrant-2.2.1/lib/vagrant/util/subprocess.rb:192:ineach’
from C:/HashiCorp/Vagrant/embedded/gems/2.2.1/gems/vagrant-2.2.1/lib/vagrant/util/subprocess.rb:192:in execute' from C:/HashiCorp/Vagrant/embedded/gems/2.2.1/gems/vagrant-2.2.1/lib/vagrant/util/subprocess.rb:22:inexecute’

Hi stevenssli,

I’m going to need more information in order to help - for example: what is your host environment ? what versions of VMBox ,Vagrant ? what have you’ve tried so far to resolve issue ?

Have you tried - shutting down everything and then vagrant up infrastructure again (without re-installing) - it’s worth a try if you haven’t already.

Hope that helps,

David

Hi David, I tried vagrant up but sitll no luck. It seems it crashed in the middle, and only the database vm box running ok.
vagrant : 2.2.1
vm box : 5.2.16 r123759
my windows box is windows 8.1

Hi stevenssli,

You can try the following:

Just to start over for the centos machine (infrastructure)

vagrant destroy infrastructure
vagrant remove box centos
vagrant up infrastructure

Also you can try older versions of virtual box and vagrant. These older versions combos have helped others.

Vagrant 1.9.1
VirtualBox 5.0.28

Vagrant: 1.9.6
Virtual Box: Version 5.1.28

Or you might find this helpful.

Encoding::UndefinedConversionError) #9368

Hope this helps,

David