Unclear Instructions for Lab - Launching Mongod

This is a suggestion for making the content better.

The requirements for starting the mongod process for the Lab - Launching Mongod is stated as

• run on port 27000
  • data files are stored in /data/db/
  • listens to connections from the IP address 192.168.103.100 and localhost
  • authentication is enabled

Out of the 4 requirements, first two were covered in Lecture: The Mongod, while the later two is not having any mention in the Lecture Video or the Lecture Notes.

I think it’s better to specify those two requirements for the Lab also in the Lecture Notes.
If the author meant the user to check for those options in the mongod manual, I think explicitly stating that in the Lab Instruction will make it some more clear for a beginner audience to proceed with.

that’s true, but i found the answer about the two varibles to resolve the problem 1.

–bind_id
this flag link one or more IP separate with comma. example: “127.0.0.1,192.109.23.22” or “129.0.0.54”
–auth
“Enables authorization to control user’s access to database resources and operations”. https://docs.mongodb.com/manual/reference/program/mongod/#cmdoption-mongod-auth
you need to use this variable when you code the command. :grinning:

Hi @Finny_00028,

Thanks for the feedback :slight_smile: . We have already specified the link to the documentation in the video lecture but we will also have it explicitly mentioned in the lab to make it more clear.

Thanks,
Shubham Ranjan
Curriculum Services Engineer