Unable to install plugin vagrant-vbguest

Hi,

While trying to install
vagrant plugin install vagrant-vbguest

the following error has been thrown:
vagrant plugin install vagrant-vbguest

Installing the ‘vagrant-vbguest’ plugin. This can take a few minutes…

Vagrant failed to load a configured plugin source. This can be caused

by a variety of issues including: transient connectivity issues, proxy

filtering rejecting access to a configured plugin source, or a configured

plugin source not responding correctly. Please review the error message

below to help resolve the issue:

Errno::ECONNRESET: Connection reset by peer - SSL_connect (https://api.rubygems.org/specs.4.8.gz)

Tried different things like:
vagrant plugin repair
vagrant plugin expunge --reinstall

did not help.

Could someone help me with the installation, please?

vagrant version

Installed Version: 2.2.4

Latest Version: 2.2.4

macOS Mojave 10.14.5

Thanks in advance
Elena

@Elena_08956

I have a similar problem happen to me periodically. It seems to be due to my WiFi connection and my router. Try re-running your commend; the problem is transient (at least on my system) and ofter resolves itself the next time or two that I try it. You might also try checking connectivity using ‘ping’ to ‘github.com’ which I believe is where most of the plug-ins are hosted. Good luck.

Hi,
Thank you for your reply. Looks like it is a permanent thing and I have spent a few days installing an d deinstalling vagrant, checking connections, and even trying to install this plugin manually.
I could not find any connectivity problems.
Nothing works at the moment.
Unfortunately, if it does not work, I won’t be able to do any of the labs.

Any other ideas??

Thank you.

@Elena_08956

Hmmm… well, unfortunately that error doesn’t give much information on exactly what’s happening. It can be a problem with the website, but that seems very unlikely as I just did the installation on my Mac and it worked fine. So it can be a problem in the network, either in the Internet (between your system and the website) or locally on your system.

Here are some thought to try. First, are you using any of a firewall, proxy server, virus protection software or hardware, or a VPN/ If so, check all those and test connectivity without each one to see if that’s an issue. If you’re on your home network, you can also reset your local router by shutting it off for 5 minutes and then restarting it. You can also check rebooting your Mac.(Probably not doing those in that order :wink:)

As a last resort, you might try going to a public access point (where I live that would be for example a Starbucks) and try connecting from there.

Good luck.

Thank you for your assistance. I had to use my mobile hotspot to run the installation.
It worked at last.

@Elena_08956

Ahh, an excellent creative solution. Glad you solved it. :wink: Good luck.

resolved when I updated to Vagrant v2.0.3 :

wget -c https://releases.hashicorp.com/vagrant/2.0.3/vagrant_2.0.3_x86_64.deb
sudo dpkg -i vagrant_2.0.3_x86_64.deb

see devopsgroup-io/vagrant-hostmanager#256 https://github.com/Potherca

1 Like

@Alberto_98513

Ahh, good to know. Thanks for the update.