Unable to connect to MongoDB Chapter 1

I’m trying to connect to the MonghDB in chapter 1 - hostname: cluster0-shard-00-00-jxeqq.mongodb.net.

I’m unable to connect and I receive this error message:
self signed certificate in certificate chain

Does anyone know what I can do to get this corrected on my system to allow me to connect?

Thank you!

Hey Victor. The hostname " cluster0-shard-00-00-jxeqq.mongodb.net " is correct. Make sure you didn’t add any period in the end. All The Best.

Thanks for the reply. I didn’t add a period at the end when attempting to connect - I had just added it to the post.

@Victor_48670

Can I ask what is the command you are running to connect? Or is this with Compass?

@natac13 I’m using Compass to connect.

@Victor_48670

Can you share s screenshot of the connection screen or the variables you are using to attempt the connection that is failing?

Should look like the following:

compassM001config

Definitely. Here you go.

Well if the password is correct it looks good to me. So I am not really sure how to fix the issue.

I found this post. Which talks about an antivirus blocking files and causing this error.

This post says same thing; that an antivirus program is blocking the files and causing the error.

Maybe those can help.

1 Like

Thanks @natac13 for your contribution.

Hi @Victor_48670,

Please refer this great post by @Kanika and make sure you are not behind a firewall or using a VPN connection. Let me know if the issue still persists.

Thanks,
Shubham Ranjan
Curriculum Support Engineer

1 Like

I’m having a problem white connecting.
Error: Server selection timed out after 30000 ms

Hi @Sumanta_02538,

It could be a firewall/network/anti-virus related issue. Please ensure the following :

1. You anti-virus is not blocking the request.
  2. You firewall is not blocking the request.
  3. Make sure the port 27017 is not blocked on your network by going to this link - http://portquiz.net:27017

In addition to this please refer this post.

Thanks,
Shubham Ranjan
Curriculum Services Engineer