Unabe to connect with compass

error shows: “authentication fail”.
What to do?

Hi @Aditya_Kawale_09064,

Please check for the following things:

• Make sure you are using the correct username and password (It is recommended to use the same credentials as mentioned in the course as it is easy to remember throughout the course duration).

• Do not copy and paste the credentials as it would add extra space.

• Make sure you are using the correct connection parameters, as mentioned in the lectures/labs.

Unless you are not spinning a cluster of your own, please refer to the Lecture : Connecting to MongoDB using Compass in Chapter 1 Introduction and use the exact same parameters.

If you still face any problem, please let me know.

Thanks,
Sonali

Thank you for your assistance…Finally got connected to the database:)

I’m also having trouble connecting to compass. I have typed the username and password. I get the attached error.

Please check our forums.There are many threads on how to solve it
Restart compass,ping server,check port is free etc

Could not connect to MongoDB on the provided host and port

1 Like

I’m having the same issue myself.

Hi @Lawrence_37439,

Can you please share the screenshot containing the error message and the connection parameters that you are using in Compass. Also please refer this great post by @Kanika and make sure you are not behind a firewall or using a VPN connection.

Thanks,
Shubham Ranjan
Curriculum Support Engineer

i am getting this server timeout error. please help

Also getting the same error for DM cluster connection

Your firewall or your network is not letting your traffic outside. Try to connect from another location or disable your firewall.

Hi @Umamaheshwari_71188,

As @steevej-1495 mentioned, please make sure you are not behind a firewall or using your office network (VPN connection). Try connecting from your home network.

You can also refer this great post by @Kanika on Compass connection issue.

If the issue still persists, feel free to get back to us. Happy Learning :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Shubham Ranjan
Curriculum Support Engineer

Thanks Shubham and Steevej. I am able to connect from my personal laptop. Thanks again for the guidance.