Ticket: Migration test doesn't work

I have written the code, fixed some issued with original code include the should-be-unchanged

const mflix = client.db(process.env.MFLIX_NS)

to seemed-to-work code

const mflix = client.db("sample_mflix")

When I ran node src/migrations/movie-last-updated-migration.js I received the result

Found 23539 documents to update
23539 documents updated

But when I run the test case the test just run

> server@1.0.0 test F:\Coding\Front-End\JavaScript\nodejs\mongodb\mongodb-for-nodejs
> jest --passWithNoTests "migration"

Determining test suites to run...Setup Mongo Connection

RUNS  test/migration.test.js

And then just hanging for more than 30 minutes. Even after I stop the server, close the command line and run again, still same result with the test. Also, when I go to status page, in the Migration section I got the message

Migration: It does not appear that you correctly converted the type

So what is the possible error of my code?

P.S: Even after I copy the solution with changing only the host to my cluster URI, I still get same error message

1 Like

Hi @Ann_90310,

This means you have already updated the documents successfully, but that does not tell about the type of lastupdated field.

One thing I would do is check the type of the field in the cluster and make sure its Date. If not, you may need to slightly modify your query to update again.

Kanika

I try

lastupdated: new Date(lastupdated).toLocaleTimeString()`

Still not working
Then I realized that I can’t update the lastupdated field. Even when I change the lastupdated field to some random value like

lastupdated: 12

And run node src/migrations/movie-last-updated-migration.js , I still receive a same result

Found 0 documents to update
0 documents updated

Can you help me with this problem?

Try this:

Date.parse(lastupdated)

Also, if you are unable to update:

• check if connection string is updated in the js file

• try after changing below line:

const mflix = client.db("sample_mflix")

Kanika

I have same problem. Can you solved this? npm test -t migration runs hanging and nothing output comes in.

Does the script ran successfully? Can you check if the changes have been reflected in the database sample_mflix ?

Kanika

Yes. In atlas lastupdated is type of date. again, script runs successfully. Thanks you so much for your help. I figured out that at first run of migration script accidentally lastupdated field set to double rather than to date. then I re-run script to check type of lastupdated to ‘double’ and then in
updateOne{$set :{lastupdated: new Date(Date.parse(lastupdated))}} . and this works perfectly. In my case new Date() is work around for me.

1 Like

Perfect @Gaurang_89625. Thanks for the update.

Kanika

1 Like

Thanks you so much to all Mentors of Mongodb. Today, I successfully passed M220 JavaScript course Completion Certification. Here is My Certificate… http://university.mongodb.com/course_completion/0bcca4ab-48ff-47b5-97aa-d2e851003c98
Journey is very wonderful more counting.

@kanikasingla and @Gaurang_89625

I still has the same issue. The issue where I can’t update the lastupdated is because the data type in predicate which used in find is incorrectly set to string instead of date

So I need to first set it to double to select all and update it. It can update now. But the test still doesn’t work as it hanging for too long. Again I have check that the type this time is correct (date as data type)

Do you have any suggestion of what might go wrong?

Edited: The test work now, and I can find the result in status page. After change the data type back to date it work just find. Just one issue that is after I made the change the test still fail. After three time retry to run the test it work.

Thanks

1 Like