Ticket: Faceted Search -- UI

Hi everyone,
does someone face the same problem as me ?

it is said that ‘To enable faceted search in the UI, open the index.html file and replace the script block with ‘window.mflix’’

But the file build/index.html does not contains any line of code with ‘windows.mflix’.

Thank you in advance if you can help me,
Frederic

4 Likes

Hi @Frederic_69702,

You don’t need to do anything to enable facet search anymore. I am working on this for now and will update you.

Kanika

3 Likes

Thank you very much,
and thank you to let me know if there is some update.

Frédéric

Hi @Kanika, does this mean faceted search will not work yet and we should wait for an update?

UI functionality is working but need to fix some things. But you will be able to get through the ticket and course. :slight_smile:

Kanika

@Kanika
Does this mean that the ticket will validate or what exactly cos it’s not validating :slight_smile:

Hi @Nazehs,

The ticket will validate if you have implemented everything asked in the ticket. :slight_smile:

Kanika

Hi Kanika,
How will that be implemented without the index.html page? the only index.html page is the one on the build folder and it a minified file and additionally there is no such tag in the file also… Maybe i am checking on the wrong place.

Hi @Nazehs,

Sorry if I was unable to describe the issue here.

Ticket implementation just requires you to edit moviesDAO.js file and nothing else.
After this, you will be able to pass the unit and integeration tests.

But if you want to test it on UI (just for testing purpose [not for ticket]), then you were required to edit index.html file. But now that also is not required.

We are working on removing the instructions from the ticket as of now.

Kanika

As you said, I am interested in testing the UI with the Faceted search functionnality.

How I can achieve this ? note that the variable window.mflix is not present in the index.html file.

Thank you in advance,
Frédéric

Hi @Frederic_69702,

I am still in progress of fixing it. But you can test by editing 109 line code of this file: “mflix-js/src/api/movies.controller.js” to:

static async apiFacetedSearch(req, res, next) {
   const filters = { cast: new RegExp(req.query.cast, 'i') } 

Kanika

1 Like