The code execution cannot be proceed because vcruntime140_1.dll was not found

I just downloaded the mongo shell zip for windows, added <mongo shell’s download directory>/bin to $PATH variable and trying to invoke mongo shell in command line but below is the error prompt which I am getting. Any help on this please

Error: “The code execution cannot be proceed because vcruntime140_1.dll was not found. Reinstalling the program may fix the probem.”

1 Like

HI Srikanth,

I have same issue, did you found any resolution for the same?

1 Like

Welcome to the community @srikanth_raj_malekar & @Jignesh_Pithava!

I recommend using the MSI installer for MongoDB instead of the ZIP download.

Quoting from SERVER-26028: Windows zip releases missing msvcr120.dll and msvcp120.dll (a similar issue reported for an older MongoDB release):

MongoDB ships two types of releases for Windows: zipfiles and MSIs. If you install our MSIs you will notice that they include the merge modules for the redistributable runtime libraries. This allows us to automatically install the necessary library support should the system not already have it.

Unfortunately, the same is not possible with the zip distribution, because a zip distribution does not give us an opportunity to run install actions when you unpack it. So there is no way for us to actually install the redistributable runtime libraries.

If you only want to install an admin UI for MongoDB, I would also look into either the new mongosh shell or MongoDB Compass.

If you are unable to use MSI installers, you should be able to install the missing runtime libraries by downloading and installing the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015, 2017 and 2019.

If you are still experiencing install issues, please confirm your specific version of Windows and the version of the MongoDB distribution you are trying to install.

Regards,
Stennie

Hello Stennie,

I followed all the steps which you have mentioned, but still I am getting same error as “The code execution cannot be proceed because vcruntime140_1.dll was not found. Reinstalling the program may fix the problem.”

Windows Version : Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.18363.1316]

Waiting for your reply.
Thanks in advance,

Best Regards,
Rakhee

uninstall all MS C++ runtime libraries of the system
restart Windows
install the MS C++ 2015 runtime library x64 (see above)