Study advice for developer exam

Hi

I’ve been through all the modules for the developer exam, I did pretty well, albeit as you know you always have the ability to backtrack and check the docs. I have my test quite soon, early April. Just wondered about advice for passing and the turn around time. Are results instantaneous?

I’ve done the practice exam and will look to readdress the areas I was weakest in. Re watch the course videos and i’ll probably try to work with the shell and indexes in terms of learning exactly how indexes are applied.

Just wondered if anyone else had any good tips? I did notice this thread regarding the study guide https://www.mongodb.com/community/forums/t/mongodb-developer-certification-v4-2-syllabus/49360/10. So I’d like to check that it’s all up to date and there’s not stuff that is omitted?

The study guide hasn’t been updated and I doubt it will be before your exam date. From my point of view, most of the content is still relevant, however, it will have some features that are deprecated or will not cover new features from 4.0+. There’s a course on the new features of MongoDB which I’d highly recommend taking, M042. It’s not part of either learning paths so you may have missed it.

Yes I think you’re right, some of the links to videos are 8 years old and reference Mongo not being able to do joins or transactions.

Thank you for the course tip, I hadn’t seen that, so I will watch them :slightly_smiling_face:

As a heads up, M042 is the longest course of all of them so you’d want to start pretty soon. I think most of it is DBA related so you can just skip the ones you think are not relevant.

Thank you :slightly_smiling_face:

Good luck :slight_smile: :+1:

1 Like

Would you also know whether there is just one practice exam? I looked at taking it again and I only did a few questions, but they seemed the same, just in different orders.

Thanks for the good luck too :smile:, picked a not such a great time with all that is happening right now. It’s just hitting my area

When I took it, there was just one exam in the same order. It was only recently that they started re-shuffling the questions, however, I would have expected a few new questions thrown in for good measure. Only the Curriculum Engineers can answer this question.

Indeed! Stay safe! :houses:

1 Like

If you want to reschedule looking at the situation, please don’t hesitate to reach out at certification@mongodb.com

Safety is priority :smiley:

Kanika

1 Like