Stability of .NET client; sample apps?

I’m really struggling with the new .NET client; I have an app that worked fine in the old Realm Cloud v5 client but in the v10 beta, I’m getting ObjectNotDisposed errors and sometimes memory exception crashes; and frequently the sync stops working and clicking on the red “restart” message in the portal doesn’t help.

I’m not sure if the problem is in the new .NET client itself and I should just wait for a release version, or if I’m doing things wrong which happened to work OK previously but perhaps the new client is less forgiving. Any thoughts on this? I know the ideal is to supply a small sample that illustrates the problems, but this is a full app and it would take some effort to strip it down to a sample (but I guess I may have to do that).

A related question: are there any good .NET sample apps available using the new v10 client? (Something with multiple threads, more than just a simple console app with one Main method.) I haven’t seen any .NET samples for the new architecture yet.

I’m a bit flummoxed as to a next step; any advice is appreciated!

Hi @Ian_Ward, would love your thoughts on this. :slightly_smiling_face:

@Phil_Seeman For any crashes you are getting on the client I would encourage you to file issues on dotnet repo so the team can investigate - GitHub - realm/realm-dotnet: Realm is a mobile database: a replacement for SQLite & ORMs

For sync stopping, we would need to see the error message you are getting but feel free to open a support chat in the portal when that occurs so we can investigate.

We are working on .NET tutorial, it will be done toward the end of the quarter but feel free to ask any questions you are unsure about on the forums and we will do our best to guide you.

3 Likes