SSH tunneling using ec2 bastion host

Hi,
Due to firewall in my company I am using SSH tunnelling using an EC2 (my own) . Using Compass I am able to connect to the student cluster, but not to the cluster I created in Atlas, it throws “could not find config for 127.0.0.1”. Also I changed the network setting to allow all ips - set to 0.0.0.0
Interestingly after installing the mongo client in the EC2 instance, I can connect to the Altas cluster from the shell command from the ec2 instance but not through tunneling from loacal Compass client.

Do you know anything about the - could not find config for 127.0.0.1 error?

thanks in advance

Hi @Fact_37056,

It’s a little strange that you were able to connect to the class atlas cluster but not your sandbox cluster.

Can you please share the screenshot of the Compass connection screen containing the parameter values that you have filled in ?

Thanks,
Shubham Ranjan
Curriculum Support Engineer

I’m no expert at this but I think it has something to do with the tunnel setup.

Hi,
Thanks for looking into this. The first screenshot is when trying to connect to my Atlas sandbox

Connecting to Student Cluster

Also related issue
Here’s the link https://jira.mongodb.org/browse/COMPASS-1045

Hi 007_jb,
Thanks for sharing your thought, I thought so but then I can connect to the Student cluster with the same tunnel, which seems wired. Aslo while searching I found that there was a jira ticket raised for similar issue but I dont see any resolution.
Here’s the link https://jira.mongodb.org/browse/COMPASS-1045

That’s a weird one @Fact_37056. The ticket is pretty vague too. I wonder what the HELP-3883 ticket says.
@Shubham_Ranjan probably has some ideas :slight_smile:

Hi @Fact_37056,

I am talking to the Compass team on this. I will get back to you as soon as I have any update on this. In the meantime, I will recommend you to continue with your course and use mongo shell for doing any labs, quizzes or final exam questions.

Thanks,
Shubham Ranjan
Curriculum Support Engineer