SSH Agent Issue

Hi,

When I issue vagrant provision command, got the below error.

~/university/m103/m103-vagrant-env$ vagrant provision
==> mongod-m103: Running provisioner: shell…
An error occurred in the underlying SSH library that Vagrant uses.
The error message is shown below. In many cases, errors from this
library are caused by ssh-agent issues. Try disabling your SSH
agent or removing some keys and try again.

If the problem persists, please report a bug to the net-ssh project.

timeout during server version negotiating

Then, disabled the property “use-ssh-agent” in “/etc/X11/Xsession.options” file. Eventhen, getting the same error. Please help me to resolve the issue.

What Operating system are you using i.e. Mac, Linux, windows my fist guess is that its something to do with your SSH client. https://www.vagrantup.com/docs/cli/ssh.html

SSH client usage

Vagrant will attempt to use the local SSH client installed on the host machine. On POSIX machines, an SSH client must be installed and available on the PATH.

For Windows installations, an SSH client is provided within the installer image. If no SSH client is found on the current PATH, Vagrant will use the SSH client it provided. Depending on the local environment used for running Vagrant, the installer provided SSH client may not work correctly. For example, when using a cygwin or msys2 shell the SSH client will fail to work as expected when run interactively. Installing the SSH package built for the current working environment will resolve this issue.

did you have any issues with vagrant up?

Hi benaw1118,

Thank you for your immediate reply.

I’m sorry for not mentioned the OS. I use Ubuntu 18.04 in Oracle VM

Thanks

Hi MAHENDIRAN_93703,

Seems like a SSH error, please try restarting vagrant using:

vagrant halt
vagrant up

Then provision the machine again. or try to ssh into vagrant using vagrant ssh , then quit and try provisioning again.

Here is what I found more on this issue: here.

Let me know if it works!

Kanika

Hi,

Its window 10.

I noticed the vm is stuck on this. “Calibrating delay loop…”

Hi @Robert_35187,

Can you please take go through the following link and see if it can be of any help to you?

Thanks,
Muskan
Curriculum Support Engineer