Are you working on an exciting project, built on MongoDB tech? We want to help you share your story!
The MongoDB Community team is thrilled to offer up to $1000USD grants towards travel expenses to help our community members access opportunities to speak about MongoDB-related topics this year.
Here’s a link to the terms & application form: https://forms.gle/Btg85dUZk1hFEaww9
Here are the grant requirements, for your convenience:
The MongoDB Community Speakers Program is designed to help build opportunity and visibility for MongoDB community members who are interested in speaking at non-MongoDB events about MongoDB technologies. If you are interested in applying for a grant via the MongoDB Community Speakers Program, please fill out and submit the form below.
Here are the important details:
Grant amount: Up to $1000 USD per person per event towards travel and lodging
Payment format: Reimbursement*
- Conference/event must be a tech industry conference of reasonable size (~500 attendees or more)
- Conference theme must be related, in some way, to MongoDB technologies (i.e. databases, mobile development, devops, IT-ops, programming languages, data science, etc.)
- The conference/event has a code of conduct
- The conference/event doesn’t already provide reimbursement or compensation for travel and expenses
- The conference/event is not hosted by MongoDB (MongoDB World, .local, etc.)
- You are not a MongoDB employee (permanent or temporary/contract)
- You are an active, positive contributor to the MongoDB community
- You are willing to mention that you were sponsored by the MongoDB Community and wear MongoDB Community SWAG on stage
- Your session will be recorded and shared online (either by you or the venue/event organizers)
- Your session is at least 25 minutes in length
- Your session covers a topic beneficial to the MongoDB community and its members (e.g. using MongoDB tech to solve problems or answer big questions, cool projects you’ve done using MongoDB tech, how to get started with MongoDB, etc.)
Applications will be reviewed by the MongoDB Community team and recipients of the grants will be notified via email (so please provide a valid email address below). If you accept the grant award, you will be required to provide additional information, such as your mailing address. All grant awards are subject to review and approval by the MongoDB Community team.
We strongly encourage people who identify as part of an underrepresented group in the tech industry to apply.
*For reimbursement, you’ll need to submit documentation of your travel expenses to MongoDB after the event. Payment can take up to 2 weeks to process. If selected for this award, you will receive instructions on how to submit documentation.
Here’s the link to the application again: https://forms.gle/Btg85dUZk1hFEaww9
Let me know if you have any questions!