Should I migrate from MySQL to MongoDB?

Should i migrate tennis racquets and tennis ball machine reviews website database from mysql to mongodb does it have any speed effect on it.

Definitively.

However a plain migration will not provide you with full benefits. You should work on the data model to profit from the schema less document structure that let you embed related documents rather than relying on join all the time.

1 Like

Do you have any detailed information on how i would do that for faster loading speed.

Hi @jospeh_lana,

What are the current issues you are trying to solve with your web site? What backend or CMS are you using at the moment?

If your site is predominantly content, it would probably benefit more from caching and CDN than migration to a different backend.

Regards,
Stennie

1 Like

wordpress i wanted to make website fast?

Hi @jospeh_lana,

WordPress currently only supports SQL databases, so fully changing to MongoDB would involve migrating to a new content management platform. If there are parts of your site using custom PHP code working directly with your database (for example, a comparison calculator), you could consider using the MongoDB PHP driver to refactor those features, but this would not replace the core WordPress code.

Per my earlier comment, a content-heavy site would probably benefit more from caching and a Content Delivery Network (CDN) to speed up the end user experience. Content can often be generated and cached partially (or fully) rather than being served directly from a database.

Since WordPress site optimisation is outside the scope of MongoDB, I’d suggest asking in the WordPress community forums or WordPress Stack Exchange.

Regards,
Stennie

This topic was automatically closed 5 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.