Server selection timed out after 10000 ms

I am having this error when i connect to compass from windows 10
Server selection timed out after 10000 ms

Hi @Richard_52584,

It might be due to some network related issue.

Can you please make sure you are able to ping the cluster?

ping cluster0-shard-00-00-jxeqq.mongodb.net

And also please verify that port 27017 is not blocked by clicking http://portquiz.net:27017

On some occasions, even though the above mentioned tests passes, network is still a problem. So please make sure you are not connected to any vpn and firewall/antivirus is disabled . You can also try to connect from some other network such as your home network .

Hope it helps!

If the issue still persists please feel free to get back to us. Happy Learning :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Shubham Ranjan
Curriculum Support Engineer

Hi @Soni,

Your ping request was not successful. It means you are not able to reach the cluster from your current network. Are you on a corporate network or behind a firewall ?

If yes then please make sure you are not connected to any VPN network and firewall/antivirus is disabled.

If it does not resolve the issue then please contact your IT department to see if there is a workaround or try to make the request from another location such as your home network.

Hope it helps!

Thanks,
Shubham Ranjan
Curriculum Support Engineer

It’s a corporate network, and I disabled firewall and antivirus. Still getting the error! Will try once from home network. If still does not work, will reach out.