Schema Missing from the database

Hello everyone! I cannot find Schema for the required database.

Could you specify the lesson and the database?

Hi @Mohamed_12531,

I believe you are using MongoDB Compass to connect to the atlas cluster. Kindly follow the steps mentioned below to view the schema of the desired database.

Note: Please make sure that you are using the stable version of the MongoDB Compass

You can download the latest stable version of the compass from the MongoDB Download Center

Select the appropriate platform and download the stable version if not done already.

Steps to view the Schema in Compass

1. Connect to the atlas class cluster by following the instructions mentioned in the video. Once you are connected, you should be able to see the list of databases in that cluster.

2. Now you can select the desired database by clicking on it and you should be able to see the list of collections in that database. For example, I have selected the 100YWeatherSmall database.

3. Now click on the collection name for which you want to view the schema. I have selected the data collection. After that you should click on Schema from the top bar.

4. Once done, go ahead and click on “Analyze Schema”. After this, you should be able to view the schema of that collection.

Thanks,
Shubham Ranjan
Curriculum Support Engineer

1 Like

Hi @Mohamed_12531,

If you are not able to view Schema tab in general, please follow @Shubham_13709’s post.

If you have error similar to the one mentioned in the following post, please let me know.

Please let me know, if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Sonali

Thank you Shubham. I have show my problem thanks to your instruction.
I used MongoDB Compass Community version and the “Schema” didn’t display. I have switched to the stable version and it works well.