Schema analysis is timing out in the Lab

Hi there,

Can you please advise the name of the web site(s) for Schema tab as it is being blocked by firewall:

The “cluster0-shard-00-00-jxeqq.mongodb.net” is loading OK via 27017 and all functions with exception of Schema seem to be working fine:

Thanks,
Leo

Hi @Leo_90419,

Are you connected to a stable network ? It looks like a temporary network issue.

Please let me know if you are still facing this issue.

Thanks,
Shubham Ranjan
Curriculum Services Engineer

Hi Shubham,

Thanks for your response. It’s a firewall issue, according to some other topics it’s not just me, other people have also reported problems connecting to “Schema” function. In my case the organisation’s firewall is configured to allow “cluster0-shard-00-00-jxeqq.mongodb.net” host connection as explained in the first section of the course, however “Schema” is using some other web site and therefore connections are blocked by the firewall. Can you please advise what that site is?

Thanks,
Leo

In “Lecture: Connecting to Our Class Atlas Cluster from the mongo Shell” the following connection string is used:

mongo “mongodb://cluster0-shard-00-00-jxeqq.mongodb.net:27017,cluster0-shard-00-01-jxeqq.mongodb.net:27017,cluster0-shard-00-02-jxeqq.mongodb.net:27017/test?replicaSet=Cluster0-shard-0” --authenticationDatabase admin --ssl --username m001-student --password m001-mongodb-basics

I.e. 3 cluster resources, not just one as outlined in “Lecture: Are you Behind a Firewall?”:

cluster0-shard-00-00-jxeqq.mongodb.net:27017
cluster0-shard-00-01-jxeqq.mongodb.net:27017
cluster0-shard-00-02-jxeqq.mongodb.net:27017

I suggest that you update your firewall section and list ALL three resources in “Lecture: Are you Behind a Firewall?”, not just the first one. Adding all three to my organisation’s firewall made “Schema” function work for me

1 Like

Hi @Leo_90419,

Yes, all the atlas deployment by default creates a replica set of 3 nodes. Thank a lot for surfacing this issue. I will create a ticket for updating the instructions in the lecture :slight_smile: .

Thanks,
Shubham Ranjan
Curriculum Services Engineer