Says connection to Atlas from Compass is closed

I am trying to connect to Atlas Cluster using Compass. I paste the primary string from Atlas to the Compass host name and give correct username and password and click on connect.

I get the message :connection 13 to … is closed?

Thanks

Hi @Seema_74911,

It seems to be a temporary network issue. Can you please try to connect after relaunching the Compass ?

Hope it helps!

If it does not resolve the issue then please feel free to get back to us.

Happy Learning :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Shubham Ranjan
Curriculum Support Engineer

Yes, this is still showing as connection closed.

Thanks,
Seema

Have you whitelisted your IP?
Ensure the public IP address where Compass is running is included in your Atlas project’s IP whitelist.

Please check

https://docs.mongodb.com/compass/master/troubleshooting/connection-errors/

Hi @Seema_74911,

Please make sure you have selected System CA / Atlas Deployment from the dropdown in the SSL field.

If it does not resolve the issue then please share the following information so that I can test it at my end:

Hostname
Username
Password
Replica Set Name

Thanks,
Shubham Ranjan

It did not resolve. Please see the details below

Hostname:seema-m001-shard-00-00-dvxof.mongodb.net

Userbame:m001-student

Password:m001-mongodb-basics

Replica set: blank

The error says connection 431 to seem-m001……27017 closed

Hostname
Username
Password
Replica Set Name

It did not resolve. Please see the details below

Hostname:seema-m001-shard-00-00-dvxof.mongodb.net

Userbame:m001-student

Password:m001-mongodb-basics

Replica set: blank

The error says connection 431 to seem-m001……27017 closed

Is your Sandbox setup complete?
What does cluster status show in Atlas
Did you try from shell?
Are you able to connect to Class cluster
Please try from another location
I am getting network error from both shell and compass though i can ping your server

From Shell:
network error while attempting to run command ‘isMaster’ on host 'seema-m001-shard-00-02-dvxof.mongodb.net:27017

From Compass:
failed to connect to server [seema-m001-shard-00-00-dvxof.mongodb.net:27017] on first connect [MongoNetworkError: connection 2 to seema-m001-shard-00-00-dvxof.mongodb.net:27017 closed]

Hi @Seema_74911,

Can you please make sure you have whitelisted your IP ?

If not then please follow the steps mentioned below to whitelist your IP and allow access from anywhere.

Update your IP Whitelist so that your app can talk to the cluster. Click on “Network Access” tab and then click on “Add IP Address”.

A new prompt will appear on the screen asking to “Add Whitelist Entry”. Click on “Allow Access from Anywhere” and then click “Confirm”.

Note that we do not generally recommend opening an Atlas cluster to allow access from anywhere. We do that for this class to minimize network issues that you might run into and to be able to provide you better support.

If the issue still persists, then please feel free to get back to us.

Thanks,
Shubham Ranjan