Safe way to get the subtitles from video

Hello,

So I spend quite a bit of time making notes from the videos and to be honest it would be really useful if Mongo supplied the transcripts from each video as an attachment/link.

This would be better than getting google to strip them out, since isn’t always as accurate as it could be (Does a very fine job though). Being able to see the whole sentence that the lecturer is going to say would be useful.

This way I could strip out the comments I thought were useful, and use them for the basis for my notes. The notes are useful for referencing since it is time consuming to hunt for a section of video, where the lecturer says something you feel is pertinent to the question you are trying to answer.

However since this is not available, does anyone have a safe/trusted method that they have used previously?

Hi NMullins,

I totally get your point. It’s reasonable. Our team is working on this right now. Soon, it will be incorporated in our courses.

Kanika

Kanika

That is fantastic news. It will make a big difference to my note taking.

A small request, if we could have the time stamp, next to each line, so if there is a diagram supporting a statement, you can go back to the part of the video, to reference the line in the context of the diagram.

NMullins

Thanks for the suggestion. :slight_smile: Will surely take into consideration.

Kanika

Out of interest do you know when the transcripts are going to be added ?

I am afraid not. :frowning:

But soon! :slight_smile:

Is there any way that I can help?