Running Config File

I’m getting the attached error and have no idea what is going wrong when I try to run the config file and none of the other questions are helping. I don’t know why it says another Mongod is running because I don’t have another running purposefully. Just these two are running. Will provide clarification if needed.

The error message indicates where the problem is:

Thank you but I also stated in the original prompt “I don’t know why it says another Mongod is running because I don’t have another running purposefully” so I can’t do too much with that right now.

To find running instances:
ps -ef | grep [m]ongo

To shutdown the instance:
kill <pid>

However, if you can connect to the running instance, the better way to shutdown will be:
use admin
db.shutdownServer()

1 Like

Thank you! That absolutely resolved the issue. However now it appears the code is stuck; when I was able to connect it basically just paused out and didn’t do anything, so I ctrl c’ed out of the config run and then ran it again but now it seems they aren’t connecting with each other

It looks alright to me. The terminal on the right is the running mongod instance and the one on the left is your client connection (i.e. mongo shell). Interact with the mongo shell by running commands like show dbs, show collections …etc

2 Likes

Perfect it worked thank you.

:slightly_smiling_face: :+1: