Requesting for connection error

Hi
I need to complete the labs in a day. I am keep on getting error when i try to connect through Compass.

I get Server timed out error and i am not able to connect even though i select the SRV option.

Kindly help

Hi @Sathiya_61339,

Please follow the instructions mentioned in this post and see if this resolves your issue.

Thanks,
Shubham Ranjan
Curriculum Services Engineer

Hi Dunham

I tried all those in my laptop.everything working fine . I am connected with the home network. But still I get the same server timed out error

Hi @Sathiya_61339,

Sometimes even though these tests passes, network/firewall/anti-virus still creates issue. The class atlas cluster is a publicly available cluster and it is currently up and running.

I believe it is an issue from your end. It would be great if you can try to connect from some other network such as your mobile phone hotspot and see if that resolves the issue.

Alternatively, if changing the network/disabling the anti-virus does not help then you can download the dataset for offline access by following the instructions mentioned in this post.

Hope it helps!

Thanks,
Shubham Ranjan

Hi,

I am working in CST timing. I see my lap exercise is disabled. I have been trying with different network to complete the task. Can u please enable my homework so that i will complete and update

Hi @Sathiya_61339,

Unfortunately, we cannot extend the deadline for any lab. As I can see, you have missed all the labs in chapter 1, so in this case I will recommend you to enrol in the next offering of M001 which started on 7th January, 2020.

You can manually change the timezone by going to the University Profile section under My Accounts.

Hope it helps!

Thanks,
Shubham Ranjan

Thank you Shubham. i did register for the next session. I m using mac and i couldnt find link to install Mongo shell for offline work. Can u please help?

Please check this link.May help

How to do i download the mongodb shell for mac os

Thank you Ramachandra

Hi Shubham_Ranjan,

I did downloaded the mongo shell and dataset as mentioned in the post. How should i connect via compass now. I just connected with the new connection by just having the localhost settings by default. But the same error it popped up. Kindly help as i would need to complete my lab work.

Based on one link i did the details in command promt. I get message like this. but not sure if this is correct or what should i do further if this is correct.

There is nothing wrong with your connection
You are already connected to Class cluster.You can see mongo prompt
Please continue with your work
Run some commands and explore mongodb
db
show dbs
switch to different DB by use DB_name
show collections

ok thanks a lot Ramachandra

Hi @SathiyaSubramanian,

As I can see, you are making good progress in the course. I am closing this thread as your issue has been resolved. Please feel free to get back to us if you have any other query.

Happy Learning :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Shubham Ranjan