Repeated error in shell when intentionally bringing down node for failover write lab

Sorry if this is a repeat - I did some searching and couldn’t find this problem being addressed (only being found as acceptable for some reason … )

The log file is configured and working. It’s grown 400k while I’ve been looking to see if anyone else has reported this issue or found a way to solve it.

The lab “Writes with Failovers” asks students to shut down a server, but not remove it from the RS to simulate a failed node (obviously removing it from the RS would make the RS “healthy” again). While the node is down, this error keeps being output to the mongo shell:
2020-02-10T05:25:40.681+0000 W NETWORK [ReplicaSetMonitor-TaskExecutor-0] Failed to connect to 192.168.103.100:27001, in(checking socket for error after poll), reason: Connection refused
This makes it really difficult to use the shell when error messages keep getting thrown into the shell. We learned about log levels, but I don’t recall anything about directing log output - especially when most of it is going to where we’ve specified in the config file.

How do we either mute this error or direct it to the mongo log like every other log message? It doesn’t seem likely that mongo intends for every single user of the shell - regardless of their ability to address the problem - to be flooded with this message.

I found and tried one other option: putting --quiet at the end of the command when I launch the mongo shell. Also didn’t work.

Thanks for help!