Remove/re-add node successful but with connection error

greetings; successfully removed node, change from IP to Host name, re-add - - rs.status() looked good - and then did the validate and it passed…

but now when logged into replica set as admin am getting this message pulsing about every ~15 seconds:
[ReplicaSetMonitor-TaskExecutor-0] Failed to connect to 127.0.1.1:27002, in(checking socket for error after poll), reason: Connection refused
2019-12-10T14:36:06.980+0000 W NETWORK [ReplicaSetMonitor-TaskExecutor-0] Failed to connect to 127.0.1.1:27002, in(checking socket for error after poll), reason: Connection refused

I should add that I chose 27002 for the remove and re-add so it definitely seems related to this…

fyi: just reversed the remove/re-add to be back at IP address rather than host name and the pulsing error message has stopped…it was kind of driving me crazy…

Hi @James_58604,

At the moment, we have some issue with the /etc/hosts file due to which the IP address and the hostnames are not getting mapped correctly.

We have fixed the issue and the changes will be pushed out very soon.

For future reference, I would recommend you to use the IP address only and not the hostnames.

If you want you can make the changes in your /etc/hosts file by following the instructions mentioned in this post.

Thanks,
Shubham Ranjan
Curriculum Support Engineer