Recommended Version/OS for Mongorestore [Solved]

Hey guys,
I’ve installed MongoDB Enterprise Server 4.0.6 for Windows x64 and I run it under Windows 10.
Unfortunately there are issues to import data using Mongorestore although I can connect to my Atlas cluster using Mongo Shell .
Errors are like not recognising --gzip option or not recognising --uri option.

Command used is like the one below:
mongorestore --drop --gzip --uri “mongodb+srv://m220student:m220password@mflix-vejud.mongodb.net/test” data

Any clues please ?

Regards,
Atef

The --uri option is new in 3.4.6 so it should be recognized if you installed 4.0.6. May be you have an old mongorestore and that’s the one being called. What do you get with mongorestore --version. You can always call with --help it will show you the options available for the version you have.

Thanks .
The version of mongorestore was the root cause.
All good now.

Regards,
Atef

Hi All,
Am facing some issue in importing data using mongorestore. I have installed MongoDB Enterprise Server 4.0.6 for Windows x64 and am trying to give below command as mentioned in the README.rst

navigate to mflix-python directory

cd mflix-python

import data into Atlas

mongorestore --drop --gzip --uri mongodb+srv://m220:m220@mflix-la1xj.mongodb.net/test?retryWrites=true data

But its giving me as below:
‘mongorestore’ is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.

Please help me here whats the wrong that I did.

Thanks in Advance!

Indira K

Hi @INDIRA_RAJESH

If this is an issue you are encountering or you have a question, please open a new topic rather than posting to an older topic. In the case of your error, it appears you may need to set you path to include where MongoDB was installed or directly reference the directory with mongorestore ("C:/<PATH_TO_MONGODB/mongorestore) when calling the program.

Hope this helps and please open a new topic if you have further questions or issues.
Eoin

Set the Path to the Environment Variable PATH