Watch keynotes and sessions from MongoDB.live, our virtual developer conference.

Realm syncs from iOS not showing up in Compass

I’ve used Realm for a few months and just started trying Mongo Realm this week.

I’m working on an iOS app.

I can log in to my Mongo Realm database and write to a collection.
I know it is syncing because I run the app on two different devices and the data synchronizes whenever the object is edited on either iOS device. Yeah!

However,

I don’t see the data I created in iOS on my MongoDB Compass app.
I don’t see the data I imported in Compass on my iOS app.

In the browser, on cloud.mongodb.com I see the data I imported in Compass.
On realm.mongodb.com I see logs indicating syncs from the iOS modified data, but nothing downloading the larger collections imported into Compass.

In my app, every object has an uuidUser key and an UUIDFamily key. I’m using the uuidFamily key as my partition value for syncing.

Any suggestions on how to get data from Compass into iOS?

@Adam_Ek Do you see the data in the browser Atlas Collection explorer when you click Atlas >Your cluster > Collections ? If not can you try Pausing an Resuming sync

I have experienced this same issue. The data does not show up in Compass or in the Atlas collection. However, the data is being updated as evidenced by viewing on different devices.

For example, I added several documents, then used realm.create to update some of the properties. The updated properties synced to two devices, but did not appear in Compass or Atlas Collections. I logged out of both and logged back in, no change.

I was able to get the data to update in both Atlas Collection and Compass by going to the Realm App page and pausing then resuming Sync.

1 Like

Still not syncing from cloud to device.

I can see the data in browser and Compass, but not on iPhone, but iPhone and iPad will sync to each other.

@Adam_Ek @Rob_Cummings If you are still not seeing data show up in your Atlas cluster after pausing/unpausing sync can you please email with a link to your Realm app on MongoDB Cloud and I will have a look

What’s your email address?

Ha! That would’ve been helpful wouldn’t it? :smiley:

ian.ward@mongodb.com

I’ll add my two cents. I’ve been doing the iOS Task Tracker tutorial and I’m seeing some of the same behavior. It syncs between simulator devices but when I look at the data in Compass or in the console I have two tracker.users document (that’s true) but nothing for tracker.tasks (there should be three) or tracker.projects (should be one).