Question of building python env and test

I’m new to python. I’m trying to follow the steps in Chapter 1 to get all gear up and run but it wasn’t so lucky at all.

Got three issues:

1. can’t complete install requirements.txt
  2. not knowning if connection is fine or how to fix it if it’s not
  3. can’t get jupyter works

#1:
(I’m not sure about that if my way made sense all because your descriptions is too simple for a newbi)
After installed anaconda, I try to use the command: conda install --file=requirements.txt, and it shows:
PackagesNotFoundError: The following packages are not available from current channels:

• jupyter-console==5.2.0
  • flask-jwt-extended==3.7.0
  • jupyter-client==5.2.3
  • jupyter-core==4.4.0
  • pytest-flask==0.10.0
  • flask==0.12.4
  • flask-bcrypt==0.7.1

looks like anaconda doesn’t have them. Then I tried to use:

pip install -r requirements.txt
most of them were looked like be installing until I saw the message in red says:
ipython 7.2.0 has requirement prompt-toolkit<2.1.0,>=2.0.0, but you’ll have prompt-toolkit 1.0.15 which is incompatible.

I don’t know if it’s important issue or something, anyhowI try the next (so far I modified connection SRV in .ini):

pytest -m test_db_connection
and got:
================================================= test session starts =================================================
platform win32 – Python 3.7.2, pytest-4.2.0, py-1.7.0, pluggy-0.8.1
rootdir: C:\MongoDB\m220p\mflix-python, inifile:
plugins: flask-0.10.0
collected 43 items / 39 deselected / 4 selected

tests\test_db_connection.py EEEE [100%]

======================================================= ERRORS ========================================================
_________________________________________ ERROR at setup of test_atlas_setup __________________________________________

request = <SubRequest ‘_configure_application’ for >
monkeypatch = <_pytest.monkeypatch.MonkeyPatch object at 0x0000023F3414C8D0>

@pytest.fixture(autouse=True)
def _configure_application(request, monkeypatch):
    """Use `pytest.mark.options` decorator to pass options to your application
    factory::

@pytest.mark.options(debug=False)
        def test_something(app):
            assert not app.debug, 'the application works not in debug mode!'

"""
    if 'app' not in request.fixturenames:
        return
  app = request.getfuncargvalue('app')

E _pytest.warning_types.RemovedInPytest4Warning: getfuncargvalue is deprecated, use getfixturevalue

C:\Anaconda3\envs\mongotest\lib\site-packages\pytest_flask\plugin.py:109: RemovedInPytest4Warning
_________________________________________ ERROR at setup of test_basic_movies _________________________________________

and follows by bunck of errors… what does that mean?

I started jupyter notebook, clicked to MongoClient.ipynb, tried to execute the lines. But got no result returned to the cell of each line as it should be. Like when I run the line “from pymongo import MongoClient” and uri = “{mongo srv string}”
I saw the console shows as the following (to me it looks like related to the installation error in #1):
File “c:\anaconda3\envs\mongotest\lib\runpy.py”, line 193, in run_module_as_main
main”, mod_spec)
File “c:\anaconda3\envs\mongotest\lib\runpy.py”, line 85, in run_code
exec(code, run_globals)
File “c:\anaconda3\envs\mongotest\lib\site-packages\ipykernel_launcher.py”, line 15, in
from ipykernel import kernelapp as app
File "c:\anaconda3\envs\mongotest\lib\site-packages\ipykernel_init
.py", line 2, in
from .connect import *
File “c:\anaconda3\envs\mongotest\lib\site-packages\ipykernel\connect.py”, line 13, in
from IPython.core.profiledir import ProfileDir
File "c:\anaconda3\envs\mongotest\lib\site-packages\IPython_init
.py", line 55, in
from .terminal.embed import embed
File “c:\anaconda3\envs\mongotest\lib\site-packages\IPython\terminal\embed.py”, line 16, in
from IPython.terminal.interactiveshell import TerminalInteractiveShell
File “c:\anaconda3\envs\mongotest\lib\site-packages\IPython\terminal\interactiveshell.py”, line 20, in
from prompt_toolkit.formatted_text import PygmentsTokens
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named ‘prompt_toolkit.formatted_text’
[I 15:57:21.029 NotebookApp] KernelRestarter: restarting kernel (1/5), new random ports

When copy/pasting blocks of code, commands, configuration or logging, please select the whole text and then press the </> button to make it a codeblock. Right now your post is not very legible. It’s hard to make out how things are.

Is it what you’re sayign?

Just reinstall it n times, I do the install requirements.txt by conda this time (the README.rst use pip only)

Thanks for a guy’s post, I use the cmd prompt (windows)

$ FOR /F “delims=~” %f in (requirements.txt) DO conda install --yes “%f” || pip install “%f”

It can install the package one by one. However, when I execute run.py, the error says can’t found module flask-Bcrypt. So I go to anaconda and find the following result:

I don’t see it supports windows platform. Is it the dead end?

just tried build on centos 7.5 with virtualenv, when updating the requirements.txt, I got another message in red:

ipython 7.3.0 has requirement prompt-toolkit<2.1.0,>=2.0.0, but you'll have prompt-toolkit 1.0.15 which is incompatible.

I don’t understand is it just me? or everybody else is using macOS ?

Hi there,

Could you please tell us which version of windows you are running when you hit the flask-Bcrypt issue?

Thanks,
Barry