Query on a quiz question

Hi,
In quiz for lecture: “MongoDB Documents: Geospatial Data”, problem is:

Which of the following are types of data Compass (and MongoDB) recognizes and specifically supports?

Correct answer includes option ‘geospatial data’.

Is this correct? geospatial data can be modeled in MongoDB using array, but its not a data type.
What am I missing here?

Hi @Manish_75171,

I understand your point of confusion. However, towards the end of the lecture video MongoDB Documents: Geospatial Data, it’s mentioned that “position field stores a point in the geospatial coordinate system. While Geospatial is not a value type per se, but MongoDB provides support for geospatial data enabling you to store variety of shapes, calculate the distance between points, filter for documents that are within a specified radius”.
Moreover, you can view these coordinates in a more understandable way in the Compass Schema Tab.
In MongoDB, you can also store geospatial data as GeoJSON objects.

If you still have any doubt, let me know.

Thanks,
Sonali

So what if the data which mongodb interprets as geospatial data actually represents some other data?
As on Schema tab, geospatial data is displayed on map rather than as bar graphs, won’t it cause confusion to user as user may be expecting bar graph representation for the data while compass displays it on map

Hi @Manish_75171,

Please elaborate the purpose of your question. If you can add an example, I can provide you more precise explanation.

Thanks,
Sonali