Python environment issue

New to python. I try to use anaconda to build the environment. However, it’s not working at all. The issues are like flask incompatible, pytest not working, jupyter shows not result for each line. Anyway, there is no a workable baseline to me. The README.rst looks really simple but whtat I encountered are way too complicated.

Here is one example: I simple download the latest anaocnda 2018.12 installation file and the version shows 4.6.7. Then I create mflix ‘without specify python version’ just as the README.rst. And Python 3.7.2 is installed. Then pip install -r requirements.txt, and show the log shows follows in red:

ipython 7.2.0 has requirement prompt-toolkit<2.1.0,>=2.0.0, but you’ll have prompt-toolkit 1.0.15 which is incompatible.

Then my jupyter is not working. The environment shows but no response for each line I executed.

Can anyone tell me about the detail version of anaconda I should find and which python version that I should use to create mflix to complete all the labs without weird environment issue?

Hi there. Could you please provide us with the full output of pip freeze and also provide us with a full list of the errors that you are seeing so that we can troubleshoot this issue with you?

Thanks!
Barry

I got the same error and following are errors messages:

Successfully built Flask-Bcrypt flask-jwt-extended
ipython 7.2.0 has requirement prompt-toolkit<2.1.0,>=2.0.0, but you’ll have prompt-toolkit 1.0.15 which is incompatible.
Installing collected packages: Flask, bcrypt, Flask-Bcrypt, Flask-Login, pymongo, dnspython, pluggy, pytest, pytest-flask, Flask-Cors, PyJWT, flask-jwt-extended, text-unidecode, faker, jupyter-client, prompt-toolkit, jupyter-console
Found existing installation: Flask 1.0.2
Uninstalling Flask-1.0.2:
Could not install packages due to an EnvironmentError: [WinError 5] Access is denied: ‘c:\programdata\anaconda3\lib\site-packages\flask-1.0.2.dist-info\entry_points.txt’
Consider using the --user option or check the permissions.

Looking forward,
Thanks,
Partha Baruah