Programmatically set connectTimeout and read it from MongoClient

Hello,

I was going through the timeout handling section and wrote the code to set the connectTimeout using MongoSetting builder to check my other options (apart from setting in the application.properties url)

.applyToSocketSettings(builder -> builder.connectTimeout(2000, TimeUnit.MILLISECONDS))

After that I was writing a unitary test to check this value and couldn’t find a method to read the connection properties from MongoClient. Is there other option to do that?

Thank you.

In https://docs.mongodb.com/manual/reference/connection-string/, search for connectTimeout.

I guess I was not clear in my first post. I solved the ticket using the connection string parameter and was trying different options (using the builders) and couldn’t find a way to read the configurations from a unitary test reading straight from the client object (and not from the connection string). I read the reference page and that is strict for connection string parameters.

I will checkout the driver code from github later to investigate further if there is a way. :slight_smile: