Not able to validate mongod startup

This what i have on my db

when i run the validate_lab_launch_mongod i keep getting this error

This is my mongod connection

Kindly assist me with what i am doing that is wrong pls!

Hi @Nazehs,

Please check for the following things:

• You need to create the user on the admin database. So make sure to use admin database before creating user.
  • While launching mongod process, you need to bind IP addresses 192.168.103.100 and localhost.
  • Moreover, make sure authentication is enabled.

You need to make sure that all the requirements mentioned in the lab are fulfilled to successfully validate the labs.

Please let me know, if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Sonali

1 Like

Hi Sonali,
This is what i am getting for binding ip with localhost and i am not able to bind the ip with 192.168.103.100 whenever i tried the mongod is not starting

I am not able to bind with the ip [ 192.168.103.100] as of now. see the screen below

From the error message “The requested address is not valid in its context”, I would guess that 192.168.103.100 is not the IP address you should use. If it is the your network is not set correctly. I suspect that you should be using a Vagrant VM and that is why the IP is not valid.

Hi @Nazehs,

Please make sure you are running the commands under your “m103-vagrant-env” folder that you must downloaded as a zip folder from the lab handouts .
You also need to ssh to the vagrant machine before launching the mongod process.

Kindly check the above two points and try re-connecting and get back to me if the issue still persists.

Thanks,
Muskan
Curriculum Support Engineer

Hi Muskan,
I am able to bind the ip now thanks. though it’s too late to get the lab done :frowning:

Your syntax is off. Refer to https://docs.mongodb.com/manual/reference/program/mongod/ to see how to specify the list of IP addresses.

Hi @Nazehs,

Please check the following pointers and re-try launching your mongod process:

• Make sure you ssh to the vagrant machine first under your “m103-vagrant-env” folder.

• Launch your mongod using the correct bind-ip format as shown in the following example: mongod --port 27000 --bind_ip 127.0.0.1,192.168.103.100

Thanks,
Muskan
Curriculum Support Engineer