Not able to connect to the sandbox

even after configuring the ip address to connect from anywhere, i am getting the following error in command line

“It looks like this is a MongoDB Atlas cluster. Please ensure that your IP whitelist allows connections from your network.”

Hi @satishscs10,

Can you please share the connection string for your sandbox cluster ?

Thanks,
Shubham Ranjan
Curriculum Support Engineer

mongo “mongodb+srv://cluster0-aypf4.mongodb.net/test” --username m001-student

Hi @satishscs10,

I’m able to connect to your cluster using the connection string that you have provided.

Please use the connection string mentioned below for the connection.

mongo "mongodb+srv://cluster0-aypf4.mongodb.net/test" --username m001-student -p m001-mongodb-basics

Hope it helps!

However, if the the issue still persists please feel free to get back to us.

Happy Learning :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Shubham Ranjan
Curriculum Support Engineer

Am getting this error when connecting to my cluster from Compass :
getaddrinfo ENOTFOUND sandbox-shard-00-02.g5cae.mongodb.net:27017

I connected to compass earlier today, but suddenly it is throwing error now.

Have you whitelisted your IP
Did anything change from the last time you could connect to now?
Can you connect by shell?
Are you using favorites?
If yes delete and create freshly and see

Hi @Ramachandra_37567

As mentioned in the training documents, i allowed all IP’s i think.
I was doing some bulk inserts as mentioned in training doc, then it was not reflecting in cluster so i disconnected it and when i tried opening again it is not connecting.I didnt make any changes, i disconencted the compass and when i retred it is not connecting
Yes, i can connect through shell’
I removed the favorite and tried again then also it is not connecting, I used the connecting string of secondary cluster, it is also not connecting.

Hi @Balakrishnan_Ponraj,

You should always use srv connection string. Can you share the srv connection string that you are using so that we can test it at our end ?

~ Shubham

Hi @Shubham_Ranjan

Yes i was pasting the connection string wrongly, now i pasted the srv connection string and it worked and connected to my cluster.

Thanks…!!!

Hi @Balakrishnan_Ponraj,

I’m glad your issue got resolved. Please feel free to get back to us if you face any other issue.

~ Shubham