No module named kmip_server

I have been trying to run the kmip and keep getting ImportError: No module named kmip_server and I have installed the pykmip module. I have tried this both on the database and infrastructure VMs. and they both reported the same errors. How can I go about debugging this?

@toonday

Please indicate what Lab or Lecture you’re looking at and we’ll try to help. Good luck.

@DHz apologies for the late response, this is related to the Homework 2.6 Configure KMIP backed mongod.

@toonday

So I’m guessing that you did not run the setup script ‘setup-hw-2.6.sh’ since that won’t run on ‘database’? How did you install PyKMIP and did you get any problems when you tried to do that?

@toonday
You just run sudo pip install PyKMIP==0.4.0 on vagrant@infrastructure and run the pykmip_server.py as mentioned in the problem.

The setup-hw-2.6.sh also does the same, but you have to run it on infrastructure machine.

It works perfectly for me… completed the lab too.

@DHz I did run it but got the same error. So, I read through the documentation of the pykmip and found that the configuration in the pykmip_server.py is probably for an older version of pykmip as a lot of the configuration key(s) have either been removed or changed completely.

@toonday

Just to be clear, you installed the specified version (0.4.0) and got an error?