"MongoDB Server' (MongoDB) failed to start. Verify that you have sufficient priviledges to start system services

while installing mongodb 4.0.3 2008r2 plus enterprise(64 bit), getting error as Service "MongoDB Server’ (MongoDB) failed to start. Verify that you have sufficient priviledges to start system services.

doing chapter 2 of mongodb basic classes.

in command prompt is can see users as C:\Users\User

this is the path “C:\Program Files\MongoDB\Server\4.0\bin”, where execuatble files resides

Hi Ashish_37284,

Through the error you are seeing:

and your Mongodb files are in C:/ drive, try to run it as an administrator.

Kanika

Hi!
I have the same error, but my user has privileges of administrator (at less Windows 8 say that).
Do you know what other thinks I can check?

Thanks!

Finally, I resolved following these steps: https://answers.microsoft.com/es-es/windows/forum/all/windows-8-me-pide-permisos-de-administrador-para/f7244611-7120-497b-821d-f526c82079b2

1 Like

I am using Windows 7. tried the provided option. Still this did not resolve the problem. Please help.

What type of package you are using shell,msi,zip?
Do you have admin privs?,run as admin

Please check if this helps

Not able to select msi in mongoDB download center

I also have same problem. still unable to install enterprise server. I have windows 7 64 bit, msi,

I have administrator rights but I can not run msi as administrator because this option is not available when I right click on it.