MongoDB Process

Hi all.

Please can you help me with content that explains the internal processes that mongoDB has, at some point watch a video with the content of the following image.

Procesos%20de%20mongoDB

Can someone please tell me in which course and lecture is this topic ?.

Hi @David_86123,

This diagram represents the MongoDB database in a nutshell. Is there anything specific that you want to learn more about such as the security, access management or internal storage etc. ?

Thanks,
Shubham Ranjan
Curriculum Support Engineer

Hi Shubham.

Yes, I need to know at a high level the topics that are touched in the image, is there any kind of summary that I can read that explains them?

thank you!!

The following courses cover each topic to an extent. I can’t go down to lecture level.

MongoDB Query Language

1. M001 MongoDB Basics
  2. M121 Aggregation Framework
  3. M220 MongoDB for Python/Java/JavaScript Developers

MongoDB Document Data Model

1. M320 Data Modelling
  2. M103 Basic Cluster Administration

Storage Layer

1. M001 MongoDB Basics
  2. M103 Basic Cluster Administration
  3. M042 New Features and Tools in MongoDB 4.2

NB: Particular focus on WiredTiger (including encryption).
MMapV1 is old, not the default storage anymore, is deprecated from 4.2, and is not discussed. You should be able to find old blogs, videos, documentation elsewhere that covers this.
In-Memory storage engine is not discussed in any of the courses either but you should be able to find it in the official documentation.

Security

1. M310 Security
  2. M042 New Features and Tools in MongoDB 4.2

Admin

1. M103 Basic Cluster Administration
  2. M201 Performance
  3. M312 Diagnostics and Debugging

Disclaimer: I didn’t take M001 Basics but from the course content I can see that it covers parts of the topics I’ve linked it to.

1 Like

Hi @David_86123,

In addition to @007_jb,

You can also refer our documentation to learn more about any specific topic. There is a search bar at the top where you can do a keyword search.

In addition to this you can also refer the blogs and other resources.

Hope it helps!

Thanks,
Shubham Ranjan
Curriculum Support Engineer