MongoDB Community edition

I already have community edition of MongoDB. Is necessary to install enterprise edition…

Community edition has limitations(missing schema view/analyze)
Use stable version

Hi @Anbazhagan_89207,

As @Ramachandra_37567 mentioned, you are required to install the Stable Version of the Compass. The community edition lacks some of the functionalities which you will be needing in this course.

Please refer this post if you need any assistance in downloading the stable version of the compass.

Hope it helps!

If you have any other issue please feel free to get back to us.

Happy Learning :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Shubham Rajan
Curriculum Support Engineer

1 Like

And one last thing. If you were referring to the MongoDB server (monogd); then you only need to Community Edition.

Any course that truly requires the enterprise version, will come with it in a vagrant env.

4 Likes

Hi. I just started Chapter 2. I have MongoDB CE and compass (stable) installed already and both are working fine. I hope that I won’t need enterprise edition for the time being. Compass shows me all of the data i.e. schema and related analysis. I really do not want to mess with directories at this time.

Hi @ajbozdar,

For this particular course, the Community edition will work fine. Please feel free to get back to us if you have any other query.

Thanks,
Shubham Ranjan
Curriculum Services Engineer

1 Like